WORLD CUP

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatWORLD CUP

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Giant Anteater 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

Think it’s time for this forum to have a bit of ‘light relief’ so what’s your prediction for the world cup?
    Are you going for BRAZIL Argentina or maybe Spain Italy??
    Or maybe you think England stand a chance?

Here’s some music while you think about it 😉

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by enforcerbull enforcerbull.
    Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

I blinking love World Cup Tournaments!

Had to look past Brazil or Argies. European wise, Germany surely look strongest? Surprises? Personally think Mexico. Same continent, current Olympic champions.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

Haven’t given it great consideration yet. Agree Germany look strongest Europeans. I can see Uruguay as a danger team; home continent and some very good players. I’m sure Brazil and Argentina will be favourites with justification, both countries with resident Giant Anteaters, yippee. England have a tough group and may struggle, but I would not be surprised if they do fairly well. In our group I don’t think Italy are any stronger than we are.
    Looking forward to it all.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

No honourable mention for Spain? They’re the defending champions both in the World Cup and European Championships. They’re always going to be serious contenders.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

I drew Spain in the ‘sweepstake’!

Personally I don’t think so – slightly aging, heat might work against them.

Can’t discount them though.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 304

After last night’s win and seeing that the omens are good for their first World Cup final win since 1966, I’ve had a small wager on England to win at 28/1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2639479/Englands-chances-World-Cup-glory-time-1966-given-boost-quartet-Eurovision-FA-Cup-La-Liga-Champions-League-omens.html

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by llubyllub llubyllub.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by llubyllub llubyllub.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

Of course we know nothing about football (see above), but the pundits earn lots of £££s because they do, like Tony Cascarino’s World Cup wall chart from the Times. It’s a classic.

Final 4: Brazil, Germany, Uruguay, Portugal
    Golden Boot: Fred (the Sam Smith of Brazil?) with Aguero as his other contender.
    Group Qualifiers, he does not get one group right, with the following chosen to progress:
    A: Croatia B:Spain C:Ivory Coast D:Italy E:Ecuador F:Bosnia G:Portugal H:Russia
    No wonder the experts fear competition from an octopus.

I'm a football anteater

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 304

Well at least I got something right today….resisted betting on the favourite Mark Cavendish to win the first stage of the Tour de France.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

I’ve got Argentina in the sweepstake :mrgreen:

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Unbelievable game last night. Felt odd watching it. Awkward almost.

Germany v Argentina final? Tasty.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

I’m working afternoons this week 2-12 midnight and so I never got to see the game
    What I did do though is look on the BBC website at about 2130 last night and saw the score 0-5 and I just thought it was a mis-print (yes I know it isn’t) and carried on working, forgot all about it and it was only when I was talking to one of my son’s this morning that I was told it finished 😯 1-7 😯

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  bullyforyou.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  bullyforyou.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

Reminded me of Forest Green 1 Hereford 7, the night I described Ben Smith as the Gianfrano Zola of Edgar Street. Happy memories, great goals, and a very dodgy keeper. Brazil really did seem to meltdown, I have seen it late in matches, but struggle to remember such an early capitulation at any level of football.

I'm a football anteater

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.