This week

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatThis week

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 211

Well, if DK is to believed, this week will see HUFC 1939 Ltd saved.

Question is… will it happen? And how does the club benefit if it does?

enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

I would love to think that from the end of the week onwards we will then look forward to a ‘rosy’ future, but I’m secretly dreading the next statement off Keyte saying on the lines of (again)
    “‘Sorry’ the deal has collapsed with so & so but I’m working on another deal with another possible invester, at the moment we are in a position at the club where we can’t pay the staff because of no football for a couple of months so we need to find £###.### before the end of the month or we could find ourselves out of business”! !!

I have totally lost all faith in Keyte
    Its ‘completely’ his fault we are where we are
    He’s the one that’s made the wrong decisions that’s lead this club to pay out on things we couldn’t afford
    If we survive to next season then I still want ‘Keyte out’
    No season ticket for me till he’s gone
    ‘Sorry’ It’s not exactly the post/answer your looking for this thread but I’m still ‘steaming’ in where this club is now.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Additionally, if both of the “potential investors” disappear into the ether, then we are in real trouble. HUST met DK, put their offer to him, and asked for permission to do due diligence, and were refused. If both of the “potential investors” don’t follow through by the end of this week, then HUST won’t have the time to do due diligence, and we’ll face the consequences………….

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 305

Will it happen?….probably not (if past performance is anything to go by)
    If it does, how will the club benefit? It will struggle on for another season, or perhaps two or three with luck. When/if the money making development is completed the funding will suddenly vanish.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

I think the difference is that the Supporters Trust want him out whilst external investors (property developers) will leave him in the job. He also won’t get any of his money back if the Trust take control of the club.

I’ll be surprised if good investment is sourced and it’s for the benefit of Hereford United.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Please don’t think that I’m tub thumping for the Trust, but I do think that it is critical for HUST to continue their fund raising efforts. If the football club is allowed to waste away by property developers, then a fall back option WILL be needed, and, if adequate funds are in HUST’s control, we might be able to do something about it.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

I’ll support any fundraising venture for the club if it’s raising income to be spent where it’s needed. However, my wallet stays in my pocket until things are clearer.

A phoenix club created by the fans will be the solution if Hereford United are ripped apart but, whilst there’s still a chance to save the club, then it needs to be grasped.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 335

Not surprised that DK is very reluctant to allow HUST to carry out a due diligence exercise. If supporters’s suspicions are correct and the situation is that dire, it would be a very embarrassing exercise for him. Property developers will look at the potential they see with little interest for anything else. If they can make money on the developments for themselves – not the football club – sell and run, leaving us with a ground that just about meets Conference standards, but with no chance of Football League requirements they will be happy. Keyte will be happy, as he will have got some of his money back and the sun always shines in Barbados.
    Sorry to be hugely cynical about it all, but I am. What the Trust must not do is leap in as solution of last resort without going through the proper financial processes. I do believe the HUST bid is valid and the only sound way forward, but only on the basis of the pledges being sufficient to manage the problem, and without full access to the accounts that is unknown.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

A perfect analysis of the situation there, GA. The Trust wading in without having carried out due diligence is extremely unwise.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.