Top 5

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  johngalley 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Non League Eye
    Participant
    • Posts 1

Getting very interesting at the top. I’m predicting the title to go to either Hereford or Slough, Kettering to drop off the pace a bit with Kings Lynn 3rd.
    While on subject of Mings Lynn I notice their website is sshowing an admission price of £15 for your game against them on 30th January. £16 if you want a seat in stand. That’s a lot of money for this level!
    If I go, I don’t think I’ll use their ticketing system. I think I’ll empty the piggy bank and pay all in pennies at the turnstile!
    Ouch!!!

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 564

£15 to stand at a SLP Premier match, blimey! I cant imagine its a particularly rich area either.

i think we are cheap at £9 (up to £10 when we are in top 6) but 50% more than our higher figure is just too much. Seems like the average is around £11.

Grissles Oleary
    Participant
    • Posts 5

Wonder how many Hereford fans will make the trip? I know a few Lynn fans won’t go at £15?

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 564

Considering its a big match and a six pointer I think there are several reasons why Bulls fans will not be there in big numbers.
    We have a strong fan base in the South East and London and not easy for them to make it after work.
    The time it takes to get there, 175 miles. Around 5 hours on a coach or 4.5 hours by car.
    Regular awaydays coach leaving at noon, in other words its more than half a day off work. They get to KL at 4pm and thats too early IMO. Would have brought more if coaches left at 2pm.
    The cost of travelling.

Is £15 the normal charge that KL make or are they trying to cash in. I think we have a few who would object and not travel on principle if that is the case.

Looks like 1 coach but only 12 booked ATM. But early days yet.

Having said that our fans are amazing, and its a six pointer. I’d still say we will have around 150 die hards or so there.

Grissles Oleary
    Participant
    • Posts 5

Normal price at King’s Lynn ia £12,he has decided to charge three games at £15,these will be the top three teams to try and cash in on a big following. As a Lynn supporter myself I hhave refused to attend any £15 games,I feel it is not fair on anyone. Our Chairmans response to anyone voicing a negative opinion is to slag them off and block them on twitter,got to the stage where many Lynn fans are talking of not attending again all season.

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 564

Sounds like the Chairmans plan is going to misfire in quite a big way for a bit of short term profitering.
    Charging your loyal fans extra for the big matches is a strange way to reward their loyalty, especially when the match is not going to be a sell out.

Its a tricky one, our club did not increase prices at home for the sell out FAC cup games even though they would have been able to justify it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.