Tommy Agonbar interview-R U Convinced??

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatTommy Agonbar interview-R U Convinced??

This topic contains 30 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by llubyllub llubyllub 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I’ve watched both parts 1 & 2, and, I have to say, the man makes all the right noises, BUT, that’s what he has been doing for the past couple of weeks. We’ve had the promises of staff being paid (was that last Thursday week?), football creditors being paid (before the Conference AGM?), and the suggestion that he’d love to meet the fans to exchange points of view (that was scheduled for tonight, wasn’t it?).
    My thoughts? He’s just stalling, but we’ll find out, from staff, football creditors, etc, in very short order I suspect, if he is. Time to deliver, Tommo, you’ve had MORE THAN ENOUGH time!

sittingbull
    sittingbull
    Participant
    • Posts 84

He will say anything to please any body, but part with cash? don’t think so. He will stall and stall un till he has his hands on those leases, and then watch him scarper.. they are my feelings of the man.

The futures bright, the future is white.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

All staff haven’t been paid in full
    No evidence of what league we’re going to be playing in
    No evidence of Keyte gone from the club
    Also if you found that the £350,000 have then gone up to 1.3million would you allow Keyte to do your talking in Newport?
    No evidence of any bills being paid in full
    European tour?? Leave it out!!!! Come on, Really??
    no hint or evidence of who the new manager who Agombar said will be in place within a fortnight

Mmmmmmm

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 300

RU convinced? NO! I’d like to be but my money is on Jon, his business associates and HUST.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Is he confident enough to get his hands on the leases and the money they’re worth before the winding up orders to HMRC, Foyle and others have mounted up? Hopefully the Council will be slow in handing them over (if they do at all) and he’ll have to cut his losses and leave. I’m disappointed today’s winding up order was halted and can’t believe HMRC got it wrong! How many must they have issued over the years?

Watching the two videos was awful also. It was like Rogue Traders or Watchdog. The one comment about Herefordshire and the East End of London is rubbish. I’ve lived in both and you don’t always know your neighbours in London. He’s never lived in Herefordshire so he can’t make a judgement. Everyone in London comes and goes whilst Herefordians don’t. The pace of life is easier and there’s less change. Ridiculous comparison from him.

Either way, his disgusting confrontational style has already told me everything I need to know. I won’t be putting a penny in to that club until he’s left; and it’s then in the hands of people who care. What will tomorrow bring?!

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 300

What will tomorrow bring?

The sun on the meadow(end)is summery warm
    The stag in the forest runs free
    But gathered together we’ll meet the storm
    Tomorrow Belongs To Me

Read more: Sensational Alex Harvey Band – Tomorrow Belongs To Me Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Having watched both parts, I agree with NB that Agombar says much of what we want to hear but, unfortunately, it lacks conviction. A wolf in sheep’s clothing comes to mind. Whilst I applaud the fans who tackled him at Brockington, I feel that they failed to ask some significant questions such as: Are you in the habit of buying football clubs without first checking the level of debt, ie: performing due diligence? Why didn’t you pay the admin staff when promised and thus retain their services? Do you appreciate the importance of local suppliers and made arrangements to pay them? Have you got proof of our acceptance into the Southern league, because that was conditional on meeting certain criteria including a bond? Has that been paid and when? Why have you requested the transfer of the leases to your Birmingham company so soon after taking over from Keyte?
    These and other questions must be answered truthfully before he even begins to gain any trust of the fans.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I think they would have asked more plausible questions in a calmer environment but it was essentially confrontation met with confrontation. It was a horrible video for me to watch as his Cockney sales patter is quite convincing in parts. However, friends and acquaintances who’ve had direct dealing with him tell me everything I need to know.

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 449

His video performance was appauling, and his now discredited “promises” mean that its more like Delboy does football than a serious businessman.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

And now, he still has the gall to carry on claiming that the “football creditors have all been paid in the last 48 hours” as he assured the Council today. They have had to, although none of us like it, give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but I do hope he is stupid enough to believe that that means he has got away with it again. Unless the footie creditors start reporting money in the bank in the next 48 hours, the Council will be forced to act, and then things might get interesting.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

But didn’t he say that cheques had been sent out last Friday, and didn’t he promise to pay the £65.000 council debt which Tony Johnson confirms is still outstanding? How many more lies does he get away with before the curtain finally comes down on him and his cohorts?

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Judging by the Twitter, from Jamie G, that has just appeared on the BN headlines page, it appears that TA has told one lie too many. Whilst I’m extremely sad for all of the employees, I am pleased that the Council, in giving TA a opportunity to deliver on his latest promise, have neatly killed off any of their remaining doubts about this man’s integrity. They may, now, at long last, be able to form a firm judgement about who NOT to pass the leases to………………………….

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

I’ve been thinking about these Leases
    What if, (it’s just a thought) it’s not about the leases but a ‘double bluff’ to make us think it’s the leases?
    One of the first things he asked for is the leases ‘yet’ knowing full well he will not be able to get them because of all the bills outstanding!!!
    He is still heading towards Administration ‘why’?
    What has everybody missed? It’s something that Keyte started and now it’s quickened pace under Agombar
    I might be talking a load of B####### (won’t be the first time) but is there anything at the end of this to aid Agombar? If there is then Keyte will probably have a share too

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

A couple of years back wasn’t there a deal to extend the leases to 100 years or something
    What if, within that deal hidden within the political jargon that comes with it was something hidden away that triggers something off when Administration has happened
    Like I said “I may be talking b#######”

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

We now have a situation where the club is due for a winding up order on Monday. One theory would be that Tommy wants to put us in to Administration but, if he does that, then the leases would surely revert to the Council and he’d have no real influence on what happens after that.

We need the club to be liquidated asap. A phoenix club run on the model Jon proposes is the most plausible way forwards. Monday will be so important.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.