THAT'S IT, IT'S OVER!!!

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatTHAT'S IT, IT'S OVER!!!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by llubyllub llubyllub 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

I’m posting under a different name as I can’t get on under my original name (enforcerbull) for some reason?
    I can’t see this great club surviving any longer because of Keyte, the despicable man (I believe) planned this right from the start, that’s why he wasn’t happy about Hust slowing things down with that ‘building rights’ act!!
    I posted this earlier on Bullsbanter which if I haven’t had of ‘tonned it down I would’ve been banned!!

We’ve got no hope in hell!!!
    ‘Sorry’ I now truly think that Keyte had this planned right from the start
    Look at the numerous broken promises, the bloke is a scumbag of the highest order and I very much doubt he will even turn up at that meeting today!!
    He maybe will say something like “well, we tried, we had the money to pay the staff but they wasn’t willing to listen to us”
    And why would they? 
    It’s there competition there rules if you don’t follow them they can/will throw you out!!!
    I am not setting foot in that football club again and lining his pockets until he’s completely gone!!
    That’s if the ground hasn’t been sold off by then that is??
    what do you think?
    Do you think “that’s it?”

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by  bullyforyou.
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

It’s clinical but I’d welcome the absolute end by this afternoon so plans can be put in to place to be reborn in a lower league. What we ALL need to do is prove we still want a club. I’m prepared to put some money in and do some stuff with the London Bulls.

I’m obviously devastated that 20 years of my life is over but, as it’s said, nothing last forever. I’m looking forwards to the next 20 years supporting a club run with the supporters at the heart of everything they do.

Until later…

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

The only way forward for any true Hereford United fans seems to be the formation of a Phoenix club. Even in the unlikely event of Hereford United (1939) limited being allowed to stay in the Conference, the brand is now so tainted that anyone with any moral sense should boycott matches and do anything within their power to frustrate the existing chairman/owners profiting from the development of the ground.

With regard to David Keyte I’m still not convinced he planned this from the start. Personally I think he started off with good intentions but when he realised it was going to cost a lot more than he planned to keep the club solvent he changed tack and let events take their course whilst protecting and trying to recoup some of the money he ploughed into the club. I do not believe the man is a fool but do think is is very proud and arrogant. Although professing to be thick-skinned he was obviously stung by comments on Bulls Banter and turned against fans and the wider fan-base who, because of falling attendances, he thought was responsible for his losses. His half-hearted acknowledgement from Barbados of the efforts to raise funds to pay the taxman showed him in his true light. He has let the fans and the wider football community down big time but does he care….not a jot. He always intended to gain from the ground’s development which was the main reason why he bought the club. That hasn’t changed, it’s just the circumstances under which he achieves that aim that have to the detriment of the fans. Time to move on.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by llubyllub llubyllub.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

Llubyllub that is the best summary of the situation I have read and I agree with every single word of it.

There is a situation, don’t forget, that we could be demoted and still continue in a lower league with Tommy at the helm. Being expelled from the Conference doesn’t mean automatic bust. He would still have to pay off all the debts but could then rebuild the club from lower down.

Not what we want really but then we didn’t want an owner who has taken the club to where we are now.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

After what has happened it will be extremely hard for Mr Angombar and his backers to gain the trust of the fans. It would be difficult to rebuild from a lower level if fans boycott matches as they did at Chester. We will have to see what happens next and what his stance is after the weekend.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

This might sound stupid but has anybody considered calling the Fraud office? Seriously
    If you think of all the money that has been raised over the past 3or 4 years and then add on the money from the shares football grid hair cuts bikes walks etc etc etc and then there’s the starlite room Addisons Radfords advertising?
    Something is not right!!
    We were in profit when Keyte took over and now we are ‘apparently’ over 1.3 million in debt

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

We don’t know how much the payouts were for everyone from Davey to Foyle. Gary Peters spoke some sense whilst he was with the club and it’s understood some huge initial contracts were handed out to complete dross. I can see how 1.3 million built up slowly with over budgeting and unnecessary expenditure.

I’m beginning to think Tommy Agombar has bitten off more than he can chew and perhaps he won’t pass the fit and proper person test. If he knows it’s no longer for him then he can hand the club over to the Trust and we’ll see what the next best move for Hereford United is.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

We’ve got no hope in hell!!!<br>
    ‘Sorry’ I now truly think that Keyte had this planned right from the start<br>
    Look at the numerous broken promises, the bloke is a scumbag of the highest order and I very much doubt he will even turn up at that meeting today!!<br>
    He maybe will say something like “well, we tried, we had the money to pay the staff but they wasn’t willing to listen to us”<br>
    And why would they? <br>
    It’s there competition there rules if you don’t follow them they can/will throw you out!!!<br>
    I am not setting foot in that football club again and lining his pockets until he’s completely gone!!<br>
    That’s if the ground hasn’t been sold off by then that is??<br>
    what do you think?<br>
    Do you think “that’s it?”

According to H & W both Keyte and Agombar’s accountant are in attendance.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Llubyllub that is the best summary of the situation I have read and I agree with every single word of it.

There is a situation, don’t forget, that we could be demoted and still continue in a lower league with Tommy at the helm. Being expelled from the Conference doesn’t mean automatic bust. He would still have to pay off all the debts but could then rebuild the club from lower down.

Not what we want really but then we didn’t want an owner who has taken the club to where we are now.

Strangely, Jon, I had similar thoughts, totally against the main stream of feelings being expressed at the moment, I know. However, allowing for the outcome of today’s meeting of course, I agree that perhaps Agombar should not be heedlessly written off before having time to prove himself and maybe, after tempers had cooled, supporters would actually relish the idea of the club rising once again to heady heights. Naturally Keyte would not feature in this scenario.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Even this temporary reprieve doesn’t feel right, IMO. Have they simply not yet paid because the Conference hadn’t guaranteed next season’s membership? I think the Conference are bluffing as they don’t think we’ll pay and they’re making themselves look flexible.

If these new men had any degree of interest in Hereford United then the bills would’ve been paid quickly. We’ve got staff throughout the club relying on donations or £50 here and £100 there. It’s disgusting.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

TA has stated to HUST that he will give details on investors next week. I have a feeling that he has a big investor who is only interested in putting money into a conference club or above and evidence was given this afternoon that this is the case. I may be way off the mark but suspect it is a Nigerian bank who already sponsor training development in their own country and want the better players exposed to the European market. Whatever was discussed at the meeting the new owners bluff has been well and truly called.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.