Supporters Team

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatSupporters Team

This topic contains 33 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  puskas 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 211

Hats off to Chris Olesky and others for organising an alternative fixture list with the Supporters Team playing games on a regular basis this coming season.

A number of former players have agreed to play alongside supporters including Rob Purdie, Scott Goodwin, Gareth Davies, Alex Jeannin, Joel Edwards (maybe others).

Fixtures already sorted for the first month I believe, and they’ve got kits and sponsorship. Think I even read that Roger the kitman is helping out.

I’ll certainly get along to some of the games just to be in the presence of other Bulls fans and keep the spirit going.

Good luck Chris et al…….

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

Oxo is one of the biggest Bulls you could ever meet. I’ve never not seen him at a match from Accrington on a Friday night through to Braintree on a wet Saturday.

I’ve got a couple of friends I’d like to see in The Shire so hopefully I can double up a trip with a Supporters Match. It’s great to see ex-players getting involved too. This football club of ours really get under your skin, don’t they?

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

I have no idea if it is the same at other clubs, but this club does seem to have something about it – ex players are open in saying they love the club, and that can be seen by them signing up to this and that.

I was heavily involved with a Sunday league side from the start for over 14 years, and we from the word go always had it as one of our ‘objectives’ to ensure ex players always remained part of the club – so anything going on they were always invited too etc. Created a very much loved and respected club.

HUFC has always had they feeling. A lot (not all by a long way!) have enjoyed playing for the club.

So sad it’s all but over.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

Trevor Benjamin has expressed an interest too and he’s played for as many clubs as I’ve had hot dinners. I’m amazed that man ever got enough time to unpack his suitcase.

My thinking would be that Hereford don’t have a nearby rival like the Bristol clubs etc. If you meet a football fan in the area then chances are they’ll have some interest in how United are getting on even if they “support” Liverpool or Man United. There certainly is a community too. I went to York away on my own about 10 years ago (3-0 win!) I found out which pub was recommended and was befriended in about two minutes by a group of lads who’d seen I was sat on my lonesome. There’s always something to talk about!

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

HUFC has always had they feeling. A lot (not all by a long way!) have enjoyed playing for the club.

So sad it’s all but over.

It’s not over ‘Pat’
    It’s just a new beginning

That’s how I look at it 😉

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

See you all at the Pegasus Juniors match! I used to go there with ex-Hereford player Dave Jones and his family as they were my neighbours. Dave turned out for the Bulls in the late 70’s / early 80’s and continued to play for Pegasus after retiring as a professional.

It was Southend or Stockport for my first match of the season in recent years. Now it’s Pegasus Juniors vs Hereford United Supporters Team.

ruthiewalkden
    ruthiewalkden
    Keymaster
    • Posts 79

I like London Bulls’comment “This football club of ours really get under your skin”. It does, to the extent that we are coming down for the fans team match at Ledbury. It will be great to catch up with everybody, though how I am going to get up for work on Tuesday is another matter….

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 335

Can’t make Ledbury, hope it goes well. Will try and get to a game soon.
    From what we hear, the Fansteam seems much more professional than the Southern League and certainly the sham club. It sounds as if the SL have not investigated HUFC properly, and just seem blinded by the name. So why were they expelled from the Conference would seem an obvious question to all but the most stupid. There is so much wrong with football, but yes this club does get under your skin.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

As I’ve already said, I’m coming for the Pegasus match but have booked a room in The Green Dragon along with two days annual leave from work. I’ve got a couple of mates turning out for the Fans team so it’ll great to see them play.

The Southern League demanding proof of payment is brilliant. Hopefully this will help speed up the demise of the incumbent Directors and allow something far more professional to seize control. It’s been such a bizarre couple of months since the heroics at Aldershot.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

Regrettably ‘London Bull’ they still haven’t thrown then out??
    I’ve sent two emails though to the southern conference and also to the Council two days ago

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

I’ve been tweeting the Southern League too but they haven’t replied. A recent article on Bulls News indicates we’re wasting our time.

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

I sent an email to the Southern League today but not expecting to get a response. Nevertheless, very therapeutic!

Watching all the world go by.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

I sent an email to Jason Mills several days ago but had no reply or acknowledgement but, as LB says, the BN article probably explains why. Appears they’ve been inundated with messages, just a pity they are somewhat slow on the uptake and can’t see Agombar and crew in their true light.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 335

I have tweeted the Southern League. May be waste of time, but the volume of traffic from fans might make them think.
    On a different topic, I see Westfield are involved in a European tour: Haverfordwest away on Saturday. United didn’t even get that far. Just amazed as I have said before that the powers that be in English football allow this sham club to continue. It does not put the FA or SL in a good light.

I'm a football anteater

puskas
    Participant
    • Posts 57

Great evening at Westfields tonight. Just saying!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.