So what now?

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatSo what now?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by enforcerbull enforcerbull 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

I think if there was any opportunity to try and avoid relegation then it had to be seized. Surviving and then calling the Administrators in to start the next Conference season on -10 would’ve avoided the shock a relegation can cause. 1997 and 2012 still hurt significantly and now we’re looking to add 2014 to that list. We were playing Leeds and Leicester at home in recent history.

It’s being forced to watch this slow and steady decline that hurts the most. The end result is a likely relegation to Conference North at best and maybe even no club to support at all. We don’t truly know the extent of the situation and, until we do, we watch on with blind optimism.

If we’re not down tomorrow then Aldershot away on Saturday could be very ugly. There’s loads of Bull on Bull abuse on the other forum and I’ve heard reports about Tamworth too. This situation is bringing out the worst in many.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

One of the saddest results of the debacle is the fact that it’s caused major divisions within the fanbase.
    We’ve always had differences of opinion, whether about players, managers, tactics, etc., but recently, the level of abuse that’s flying back & forth is just plain depressing. The sooner we are aware of our future, the better, and even if it’s one that we don’t like, it may get the majority of us all pulling in the same direction. Better still it may give us back a sense of optimism, and some of the better natured banter that we enjoyed in the past.
    Meanwhile, the way BB has gone, it’s better ignored most of the time……….

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

I think it was about time that people ‘lost their rag’ with what has happened to our club. The raw emotions displayed on BOTH forums should be applauded. The only difference is that some posters are more eloquent than others!

My own emotions are completely shot since the Tamworth defeat as that was our best chance of saving ourselves. It will now be a very big ask. I dread tomorrow but I will be there. But as for Aldershot, I share LB’s concerns. It will all end in tears whoever comes out on top.

Watching all the world go by.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

One thing we do have is organisations, collectives and groups that are far too convoluted for the likes of a small football club. I can count HUISA, HUST, London Bulls, BOLSA, Student Supporters and the new fundraising proposal already – and I daresay I’ve left some out. Two forums is OK because, as I see it, Bulls Banter is badly moderated and doesn’t weed out trolls and duplicate accounts. It’s a shame HUFC hierarchy read it and use it to gauge opinion because it doesn’t represent the opinions of many Hereford fans I know. There is some good stuff on there but you have to search for it and it’s ruined within minutes. Thankfully some of the extreme abuse has resulted in overdue bans. There will ALWAYS be a difference of opinion with anything and I can accept that. However, when it results in people unable to accept someone’s right to an opinion, or their sheer ridicule of anyone who disagrees with them, then we have a problem. What we need to do is save Hereford United in the most plausible way so, above anything, we still have a club to support.

I am a London Bull and believe we’ll raise funds and provide support for the club when it is needed. What is equally important is that we are a welcoming group for exiles to join so we can all go to matches together. London is a cold and indifferent place at the best of times so friendly faces to help make the day more enjoyable is important. Equally, I’d like to see Welsh Bulls or Northern Bulls emerge too and have some kind of link with the Trust or similar. There’ll be Hereford United fans all over the country and beyond.

Aldershot could well be a horrible day with them also trying to fight off relegation. My intention is to get out of there as soon as final whistle is blown.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

The anger and frustration are easy to understand but I worry about the call for a demonstration at tomorrow’s game when things, if Keyte chooses to attend, could turn nasty. Much of the aggravation could have been avoided if, as he supposedly promised several weeks ago, he had faced up to a fans forum, laid his cards on the table and clarified the situation at that time. Instead, he has opted to speak to the media in double-talk which few believe or understand.
    I will be at ES tomorrow and pray our boys will do us proud but, sadly, I feel that whatever the result Hereford United is about to fall victim to gross mis-management, reckless decisions and arrogance. What the future holds is anyone’s guess but I have little hope for the clubs survival.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

ruthiewalkden
    ruthiewalkden
    Keymaster
    • Posts 79

Thanks for the plug London Bull. Northern Bulls has both a Twitter and Facebook account. At the mo it’s a very small group without the capacity to fundraise but as they say from acorns oak trees grow.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

The anger and frustration are easy to understand but I worry about the call for a demonstration at tomorrow’s game when things, if Keyte chooses to attend, could turn nasty. Much of the aggravation could have been avoided if, as he supposedly promised several weeks ago, he had faced up to a fans forum, laid his cards on the table and clarified the situation at that time. Instead, he has opted to speak to the media in double-talk which few believe or understand.<br>
    I will be at ES tomorrow and pray our boys will do us proud but, sadly, I feel that whatever the result Hereford United is about to fall victim to gross mis-management, reckless decisions and arrogance. What the future holds is anyone’s guess but I have little hope for the clubs survival.

He’s admitted it already but his PR / media skills are abysmal and, at the time, I can understand why he came in with Tim Russon as he was the more people friendly one. Dave Preedy has always come across very well but the buck stops with the Chairman in football
    and he’s neglected his responsibility to speak to the fans.

Demonstrations remind me of the HUISA led ones to get Hill and Fry out of the club. That renegade and “thorn in the side” organisation are now a shadow of what they were. I agree that it’ll be counterproductive tomorrow and hope I don’t hear any bad news if it gets out of hand.

enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

There’s been a few pitch invasions in the past couple of weeks at different grounds and I’m sure there’s going to be a few more in the last week!!
    This won’t be an invasion of celebration though sadly,
    Nearly every hereford United supporter is ‘spitting’ mad at what’s been going on and to think what’s ‘likely’ going to happen to the club they love also to think that it might be the last ever game at Edgar street might be to much for them to just stand there and take it quietly! !!
    Expect a very emotional couple of hours tomorrow

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.