So what now?

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatSo what now?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by enforcerbull enforcerbull 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

It was vitally important to get something from the Tamworth match because, on paper, it was the most straight forwards of the three. Aldershot’s position in the table deceives because of their points deduction and Alfreton are a good side.

You could argue it’s not over until it’s over but we need to look at where and what Hereford United will be next season. Conference North on -10 points is going to be the lowest of low ebbs.

I’ve been a fan of this club for 20 years and I’m not sure how much more I can take.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

We could actually sneak a goal less draw and still stay up. Unlikely.

If we’re relegated whatever the scenario, it’s my club. Whatever the division.

I would say though, I would find it very difficult if the scenario saw Keyte remain at the club.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

Well according to Mr Keyte on the radio tonight he is now in discussions with THREE consortiums, who are interested in the development potential of the ground, and is still holding out for his £300k. He even had the brass neck to suggest that as the possible investors are London based he, being Hereford based, might stick around to run things locally! One consortium is more aggressive but he has no problem with that.
    It’s anybody’s guess as to what happens next. Keyte will stick around as long as he thinks there is a remote chance of getting some of his money back. We could even stay up if we only get one point from the remaining matches as long as we don’t concede more than a couple of goals….unlikely but possible in this league. Whether we stay up or not, barring the club being wound up, the club will have few players and no manager in a few weeks time. If the club survives I feel sorry for whoever takes over as manager. It is likely that by the time a budget is set he will have an impossible task of recruiting part-time players and persuading them to play for a failing club after others have had the pick of the bunch. I thought Foyle’s job was hard enough last summer, the new guy’s will be near impossible.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Is that true?!

The bloke is gone in the head.

I sincerely fear in whose hands we might end up.

Frying pan/fire.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

That was the gist of what he said, as I remember it, on radio H and W during the half-time break. BN will probably have an accurate transcript on their site sometime soon? Listening in Wales the reception wasn’t brilliant but I don’t think I’ve misrepresented what was said.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by llubyllub llubyllub.

enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

Just got back and as like the Hyde game we made them look like ‘Brazil’ at times, we are awful,terrible! !!
    We haven’t got a natural goal scorer (to late now though).
    If keyte is still here next season there is no way I’m buying a season ticket, I’ll ‘hand picked’ my games (that’s if I do go that is).
    I’ve now had it, I’ve had enough, I’ve got some great memories at the club even better ones following them away!!
    Mondays game maybe my last!!

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

The way things might go in the next few months, it might be everybody’s last game.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I listened to BBC H&W online (Keith Hall as excellent as ever) and Keyte’s interview confirmed two serious investors being spoken to and another one also. Obviously the development / property side of things is more interesting to them but apparently they’re still keen on the football club too! Sounds good, eh? They need to produce proof of funds sooner rather than later and Keyte said he has his fingers crossed. Me too, David. Me too.

The only Hereford United I’m interested in supporting next season is one with significant supporter involvement. If we’re raising money then we want to know where it’s going and our representatives needs to be involved throughout. I simply can’t support the present regime anymore and will make Aldershot my last match until I’m convinced things are improving.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I was up at ES for the Gateshead game last weekend, and that was my last for the season. I never, ever, thought that I would be past caring, but as the game went on, it was increasingly obvious that we weren’t likely to score, and, in the end, I found myself accepting it, without any feelings of anger or frustration.
    Did I think we would get something out of the Tamworth game? Not really, and, I’m afraid Alfreton & Aldershot are both likely to sit on the coffin lid, rather than giving us any hope.
    We’ve gone through all the recriminations on this and the other forum, so I’m not going to rehash any of it, BUT, I am with many others when I say this………..I will NOT, repeat NOT, put any further funds into David Keyte’s pocket, and as long as he is at HUFC, I will not be coming back.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 329

As things stand, after 48 years, Monday will be my last ever HUFC match. I am not putting any more money in or emotional energy, it is not fair on my health or finances. If the club becomes run by the fans all the above will be reversed instantly, but with Keyte or some asset stripper, I am not interested. There must be other ways of watching 11 lads running round after a football.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

48 years? If I was wearing a hat then I’d take if off in tribute to you, Giant Anteater. I first went in 1994 as a spotty 14 year old but that’s spectacular. I couldn’t even think of dedicating almost 50 years to something like that with a lot of disappointment, heartbreak and despair thrown back in my face!

I’ll be at Aldershot and have washed and ironed an old “Brazil” shirt in preparation.

enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

Email off HUST…

After last night’s result the club finds itself in a very difficult position both on and off the pitch.
    David Keyte told BBC Hereford & Worcester that he remain in talks with potential investors, but time is fast running out for the club and it will become an increasingly unattractive prospect to outside investors if relegation is confirmed in the next seven days.
    There have been several calls for HUST to make moves towards a potential takeover of the club, so this message is to ask all members – and, indeed, all fans of the club – whether they would be prepared to pledge money towards a Trust-led takeover of the club.
    The financial position is bleak:It will not have escaped your attention that the club has been advertising a new phone number over the past few weeks – because the main phonelines have been cut off due to unpaid bills.Both the Electricity and Water supplies have been under threat, with the club having to pay sums to keep the power and water switched on in recent weeks.The club was only able to travel by coach to Tamworth last night after HUISA stepped in with payment with Astons refusing further travel unless they are paid up front.(HUST will be paying for the Aldershot coach due to the same circumstances)In fact, most trade suppliers are treating the club under the same ‘cash up front’ terms due to unpaid bills.Players have only just received February’s money – office staff remain unpaid for much of that month. And there’s little sign of March or April’s money being available.HMRC will be shortly issuing a further winding-up petition against the club for the sum of £69,000. The club’s board expect that to be heard in the High Court by the end of May.
    The club would face sanctions at the Conference AGM in early June if it fails to clear the backlog of wages and other football creditors – estimated to be around £150,000 – by that time.The club, by it’s own admittance, needs £220,000 in seven weeks – and a further £300,000 to service existing debts next season.HUST is seeking pledges of support towards making a bid to takeover the club. We would require a sizable six figure sum of pledges to be able to open serious discussions and perform due diligence on the club’s exact financial position and obligations.With the Board of Directors having indicated on Monday that they will walk away, writing off their own loans to the club, for £1 in exchange for guaranteed investment, any bid would be on that basis and none of the pledged money would be put into the club before any deal was complete.Should you wish to make a pledge, or wish to seek further information then please respond to this email.We will also be available to discuss the matter in person before Monday’s game at our membership table in the VP Club foyer from 1pm.

Personally I think it’s ‘to little to late’
    But at least it’s something

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Not necessarily. We raised 78k at short notice and if there’s incentive to own the club we all love then people might become generous. It’s in the interests of the incumbent Directors to accept a reasonable offer against losing everything through liquidation. Lots of clubs are now run through Trusts and Hereford United should be no different.

One thing I would like is the numerous groups out there to be under one banner as it’s far too convoluted for what is essentially a small football club. One United.

organic
    Participant
    • Posts 122

a pledge from HUISA to chip in would help?

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Problem is that we are, none of us, aware of the true level of the Club’s debt.
    We’ve had various figure bandied about over the past few weeks, but when we start hearing that we’ve had our phones cut off, and have had similar threats from the utilities, as well as having alienated local traders, who, in some instances, have been loyal suppliers to this club for decades, I wonder what the true level of our liabilities really is.
    We might know more in the next few weeks, but (and this is a purely personal view, based upon mistrust, because of previous coverups) I wouldn’t be surprised to hear it is above the £500k mark, and, on top of that, there is next season’s projected costs to add.
    I have pledged towards the HUST takeover bid, but my gut instinct is that it will be too little, and too late. In some ways, I wish the board had called in the administrators a few weeks ago. We would have taken the 10 point deduction, got relegated, but, at least, been able to start next season with zero points, and not the likely -10 that Aldershot suffered at the start of this campaign……….
    Still, a few weeks ago, we were all hoping to dodge the bullet of automatic relegation weren’t we?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.