Season 2014/15

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatSeason 2014/15

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

At a loss to know what to do.

Will fully support Supporters Team, and the UITC team where I can. Am 100% behind boycott.

Have no interest in ‘following’ another club for the season.

Will take in the odd game possibly at other clubs. Most likely be a more frequent visitor to Malvern Rugby Club for a nice pint and afternoon out.

What a terrible state of affairs. It would feel easier if the club was gone quite honestly.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Pat Sharp Pat Sharp.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

So would I. The sooner this whole charade is over, the better. The biggest problem seems to be that the people who CAN end it, lack the will to do so, whether it’s the FA, the SL, or Hereford Council. They have all been negligent with their members/rate payers best interests.
    I’m looking forward to a rebirth, then we can ALL have something exciting to look forward to…….

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

Fully behind the boycott too.
    Don’t believe the ‘official’ attendance of 568 as I was watching and also took some pictures up in Debenhams carpark and I can confidently say that their was 300-350 tops at the game.
    I won’t be going to see another game till theses owners have gone even if they pay all the creditors (which they won’t).
    I am disgusted at the way theses idiots have treated us with there constant lying and the way they’ve been slaging off the people of hereford (especially joey Nathan who comes across as a big headed arrogant tosspot of the highest order)
    Sorry but I’m not giving ‘one penny’ of my money to the club till theses ‘crooks’ have completely gone!!!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  bullyforyou.

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 449

No way there way 568 there.

400 tops I’d say and after comps around 350 paying customers of which it seemed to me quite a few were concessions.

sensibull
    Participant
    • Posts 1

I’m sorry but to all of you boycotting the club this season, you are not helping. What is your genuine aim? Do you hope to make Agombar leave the club? Because he’s already said he is not fussed by attendances.
    All this boycott could realistically do is slowly cripple the club further and further until the club we have known for years and years eventually does completely vanish. And I’m sorry but any sort of rebirth will not succeed without financial backing, which a fan owned club would not really have. We have a much better chance of eventually returning to league football from where we are now, in the SL than where a “fans” club would have to start from.
    The truth is that yes, we’ve got a slightly dodgy, controversial to say the least figure in charge of the club and this isn’t ideal. But look at Leeds and their current owner Massimo Cellino. He’s been convicted more times than Agombar but you don’t see half of Leeds support turn their backs on the club! Or Blackburn and their situation.
    I just hope everyone wakes up soon and realises we can’t change this awful situation (this is how football is today) so its time to make the best of it… at least we still have a club to support… for now.

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

Sensibull, I couldn’t disagree with you more. This is much more than about football. The club that you would have supported died at the end of last season, this is a cardboard cut out imitation put together by people who have absolutely no interest in Hereford United, Herefordshire or Herefordians. Just exploiting the situation to their benefit.

I fear that I will never set foot in Edgar Street again to watch a true Hereford United play and that breaks my heart. But it’s much more acceptable than giving these so and so’s any recognition by breaking the boycott.

We just have to be patient and steadfast in our opposition.

Watching all the world go by.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 300

Sensibull why do you think that a reborn club would have no financial backing? Jon Hales group of local businessmen together with an ever growing Supporters Trust (with financial pledges) have, I believe, more than enough capital to start things off in the event of the demise of the current club. There are some very well-heeled Hereford supporters who would back a new club not to mention local companies who I am sure would provide sponsorship.
    I personally have no problem with the “dodgy” past of the current majority shareholder (although it seems that potential investors/sponsors have). Had he paid the football creditors at the start, not got the club demoted, been more open and had not prematurely tried to get the leases transferred, then he would have my and a lot of other fans backing. But he did not, and added to the opposition towards him by telling untruths and surrounding himself with “advisors” who through the Bulls Banter forum insulted and belittled those fans opposing the new regime at Edgar Street.
    If Mr Agombar doesn’t care whether the stay-away fans return then more fool him. I don’t really care if Hereford United (1939) Ltd ceases to exist as, in its current form, I no longer think of it as my club.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by llubyllub llubyllub.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Put very simply, Llubyllub, Hear! Hear!
    Well said, you have just voiced the opinion of a huge number of real HUFC supporters.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

I’m sorry but to all of you boycotting the club this season, you are not helping.

Absolutely right! The whole objective of the boycott is NOT to help Mr Agombar in his mission, whatever that may be. He must be the only football club ‘owner’ who believes he can successfully run a club without fans and is quite happy to ignore and dismiss us because we don’t matter. He obviously thinks that the likes of you and those who attended Saturday’s game will suffice to carry him through. Well, time will tell.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’m sorry but to all of you boycotting the club this season, you are not helping. What is your genuine aim? Do you hope to make Agombar leave the club? Because he’s already said he is not fussed by attendances.<br>
    All this boycott could realistically do is slowly cripple the club further and further until the club we have known for years and years eventually does completely vanish. And I’m sorry but any sort of rebirth will not succeed without financial backing, which a fan owned club would not really have. We have a much better chance of eventually returning to league football from where we are now, in the SL than where a “fans” club would have to start from.<br>
    The truth is that yes, we’ve got a slightly dodgy, controversial to say the least figure in charge of the club and this isn’t ideal. But look at Leeds and their current owner Massimo Cellino. He’s been convicted more times than Agombar but you don’t see half of Leeds support turn their backs on the club! Or Blackburn and their situation.<br>
    I just hope everyone wakes up soon and realises we can’t change this awful situation (this is how football is today) so its time to make the best of it… at least we still have a club to support… for now.

I strongly disagree with you throughout.

Of course Tommy Agombar is going to be fussed by attendances. They’re a crucial source of income to help get his CVA both passed and the first payments made. It’ll take investment from elsewhere to cover it and it’s fairly clear all sources of revenue in to the club are depleting significantly. The amount of good people who’ve jumped ship should trigger enough alarm bells. Will the last one out please switch off the lights? Tommy was bluffing in that video. My limited understanding of psychology saw enough body language to indicate this.

Jon Hale runs this forum and I imagine will be happy to explain his proposal to Herefordshire Council for a new club. There’s lots of backing in place from local businessmen, a Trust and a supporter base desperate to be at the heart of that club yet again. There is another option out there and it’s waiting to go. I’ll be keen to contribute in whatever way I can as a member of the London Bulls too.

With regards to Leeds and Blackburn, I see neither club is at risk of development going up and around their stadium or have been relegated 2 divisions due to chronic financial mismanagement. Neither situation is particularly comparable to ours.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Jon is away this week so don’t expect any response to that LB, certainly not this week!

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

You must be his PA?

I note that was sensibulls first post too. Quite a strong one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.