Protest at Kidderminster

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatProtest at Kidderminster

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bullyforyou 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

Fantastic gesture by KHFC, to allow Hereford supporters to protest at their live BT Sport game next Wednesday.

Hope all travelling fans respect what Kiddy have done here and protest in the correct manner.

See you there.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

I’ll be there 😉

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

I’ll be there too.

Fantastic gesture by Kiddy. I’ll be sure to support them on the night (whilst also giving Chris Bush a cheer for Welling).

Was a little sceptical of idea to start, but it has grown on me. Done in the official manner that it is, gives it a lot of credence, and hopefully will see a big following ( I would hope 2-300?).

The most we can hope for is publicity. But it all helps.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

Is Chris bush the only ex Hereford player that could be playing that day?

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Is Josh Gowling still at Kiddy?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’m unsure how organised or supported this protest is but there’s supposed to be action at Blackpool v Cardiff tonight from Tangerines fans but, in terms of the coverage right now, you wouldn’t think it.

Some of my Hereford mates are there tonight so it’ll be interesting to hear their perspective.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

I’ll be surprised if the protest gets more than a passing mention on BT Sport.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

It did. They filmed a good 30 / 40 seconds of fans walking at the agreed minute and then zoomed in on Oyston in a cowboy hat and sunglasses. I can only assume he was off to a stag do up North Shore afterwards.

It’s interesting that I’ve been reading about conflict from the Welling fans who claim we’re overshadowing their live TV debut. They were happy for us to bucket collect at their ground last season.

BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

Well, an excellent evening if a little surreal.

Kidderminster and their fans deserve massive credit for – firstly – extending the hand of friendship by allowing the protest and -secondly – joining in with the 24th minute clapping and 39th minute turning backs to the hierarchy.

They were an absolute credit to their club. Some even stayed behind after to clap Hereford fans and shake hands wishing us good luck.

I understand BT didn’t say very much at all, but from the pictures I’ve seen during the game – and reading Twitter – it is very obvious a message has reached an awful lot more people about the state of our club.

On that basis last night was a success.

(And it was so good to watch some live football)

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

BT commentators touched on it to briefly explain why the Hereford fans were there without providing any solid facts (wages, bills, ODT) and also informed viewers about the applause at 24 / turning their backs at 39.

It was awkward for them in some ways but the noise Hereford fans made provided a great reaction on social media and beyond. The Mirror and The Daily Mail have since picked up on the problems.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Agree LB. BT couldn’t really do much to be fair. Hereford aren’t a conference team, they weren’t part of the billed game last night. Plus BT can’t start getting involved with protests.

Last nights game – and the reaction to the protest – was far better than I thought it would be.

Twitter was awash with fans of other clubs either praising Hereford fans for protesting, or asking why there were Hereford fans in the away end. Thus, AWARENESS of ‘our’ situation was cranked right up last night.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

I must say I enjoyed last night 😛
    met a few friends and went in the same car to Kiddy, when we got there we all felt a bit weird going to watch a game that doesn’t involve Hereford United but we treated it like it was though and just walked into the Harriers Bar, me wearing a ‘give us our club back’ t-shirt and another wearing a black & white scarf.
    We had a few stairs off a few harriers fans (Obviously the message didn’t get through to a few of them about why we were there) hearing the odd whisper “WTF are Hereford fans here?” being said but most of them were friendly and even noticed a couple of other Bulls fans having a right laugh with a few, it did feel a bit weird though.
    Don’t need to say anything about the atmosphere inside has everybody knows
    have to say though that a couple of us had a few words with that television presenter and asked him what was said with Agombar but all we got was “nothing much”.
    The night night got even weirder after the game when we were walking out to see Kiddy fans clapping us and shaking our hands?
    The night was just completly ‘surreal’ but really enjoyable!!!
    and the footy match wasn’t bad ether 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  bullyforyou.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.