What would a phoenix club be called?

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatWhat would a phoenix club be called?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Pat Sharp Pat Sharp 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

I had a browse through the Bulls Banter thread and Pat Sharp made a good suggestion of Hereford Athletic to tie in with Edgar Street once being an Athletics Ground. I also like the simpleness of Hereford FC or AFC Hereford United. Does anyone know whether Hereford United AFC would be a no no?

The United bit is very important to me (I have an HUFC tattoo for one) but would genuinely welcome all ideas.

Go!

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 304

The name I liked was Hereford United CFC (community football club)

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

The name I liked was Hereford United CFC (community football club)

I,too, liked this; had a nice ring to it and emphasises what we’re all about.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

I’m still getting my head around having a new club but Keyte (with his 5 year plan, and I’m sure Agombar has been in the background for a lot longer than people think) has completely destroyed the friendly family atmosphere that was around the place.
    I would like to think that the best ideas will be open for people to vote on but personally i like Hereford United ‘Community’ Football Club

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  bullyforyou.
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

It’s about as unique as can be. Would I be reading too much in to no other club (to my knowledge) being called XXXXX XXXXX Community Football Club. It’s not the done thing, is it?

sittingbull
    sittingbull
    Participant
    • Posts 87

Hereford United F.C. 2014 ltd. how about this?

The futures bright, the future is white.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

Simple answer is as long as it has the word Hereford, is community run and plays football at Edgar Street I shall be happy.
    I have already said I like Hereford 1924 to keep the link to the spirit of the original club. For me, using United is too close to the tarnished goods we have now. This may have zero support, but personally I would not object to Hereford Bulls FC or CFC if folks like that.
    A good discussion point, but will it happen. I am very dispirited about all things Hereford football.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

Although we are The Bulls, I’m not a huge fan of using it for the name of the club. Hull City Tigers (or whatever was proposed) was rightly binned as it sounds too gimmicky. The United is so ingrained in our club that I’m not sure I could be truly happy without it.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

I wouldn’t mind being without it if it were to be Hereford FC or Hereford CFC.

I’ve said elsewhere, I’ve heard that we can’t use Hereford and United together in any new team name. However, Halifax Town threw that arguement right out the window!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by BDS BDS.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.