Pheonix Club

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatPheonix Club

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 329

I gather from BN that Jon is looking into the possibility of a phoenix club. Please read the history of Bohemians 1905 in Prague Jon. This is a club with a proud history in a city where football clubs have deep socio-political significance. Following mismanagement financial irregularities and the usual HUFC stuff, there are possibly now 3 Bohemians in Prague, but 1905 carry the soul of the club for its supporters. There have even been disputes over the rights of their mascot, a kangaroo (its complicated, relates to a tour of Australia). It does have a ring of HUFC to me as every hour passes.
    So would I support Hereford 1924? Yes. It needs to be HUST lead, but I believe those talking to the Council are Trust members, so I have some confidence. As HUST has never been allowed to carry out any due diligence of HUFC, it is impossible to know the depth of the financial crisis, but I fear that it is too deep for HUST to manage if the fans £1 was accepted. With every passing hour HUFC becomes more farcical.

I'm a football anteater

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

HUFC (1939) HAS to go into administration, there is no other way. I still stand committed to the pledge that I’ve made to HUST, to enable them to move forward with the saving of football in Hereford, but, given the the total of pledges that I believe they received at the time (around £200k), they CANNOT be expected to pay off DK’s debt mountain.
    As a retired business man, I hate to see anyone go to the wall, mainly for the consequences to the poor devils left with money still owing to them. Whilst they have my sincere sympathies, I cannot see any way, at all, that they are going to get any where near what they are owed. Certainly not from DeCay, definitely not from TA, and HUST will not be in a position to do anything about it short term.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I think part of the problem has been fans working for the club so their ties and loyalty are so much stronger. Jamie G was a ball boy and, if I recall correctly, Mark started doing website work for the club as basically a hobby. I travelled to a few away matches with him as his mate was seeing my sister for a while!

I’d certainly make a regular donation to a new club in lieu of being able to get to home matches regularly. I’ll support whatever is the most feasible way forwards although my preference is salvaging what we can of Hereford United through a Trust run club.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

With regard to the proposal by Jon and a group of business men, in partnership with HUST, to form a new club, I wonder, Jon, if you are prepared to give us a little more detail. I appreciate that certain information cannot be revealed at this stage but my concern is that you attended the meeting with the council along with Richard Howard (past VP Club Chairman), Phil Eynon (excuse my ignorance but who is he?), an adviser in the form of Phil Pratt and Chris Williams we know to be HUST chairman. Is this the consortium to which you refer or are there more actual business men behind the scenes? I in no way wish to belittle this group that obviously have the best intentions in mind but I confess to being somewhat worried that these persons are the only ones mentioned so far.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Gulliver Gulliver.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

How involved is Mark Blandford prepared to be? I follow him on Twitter and he’s always giving his opinion about the club etc. I don’t know too much about him.

organic
    Participant
    • Posts 122

I think it’s fair to say he is watching the situation with interest.

I believe he might be owed money by the club.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

It’s getting to the point where I feel I should be owed money by the club too. It seems I’m the only one who isn’t! There’s been one or two occasions where I’ve felt I should be given a refund, though.

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 468

I’m another who believe that a phoenix club is our only option. In fact in view of the debt mountain DeCay built up its been that way for a while. I know its sad on the creditors but I cant see any other way.

I do think though that once AFC is up and running it should try to stage a couple of fund raising events , maybe a high profile PSF with proceeds going to former staff and players? That would at least be a recognition of their plight and a bit of cash raised might help them to some degree.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

JG, I think this is a great idea, and would go a hell of a long way to restoring the reputation of a reborn Hereford football club. Worth punting it towards HUST for a reaction……………….

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

With regard to the proposal by Jon and a group of business men, in partnership with HUST, to form a new club, I wonder, Jon, if you are prepared to give us a little more detail. I appreciate that certain information cannot be revealed at this stage but my concern is that you attended the meeting with the council along with Richard Howard (past VP Club Chairman), Phil Eynon (excuse my ignorance but who is he?), an adviser in the form of Phil Pratt and Chris Williams we know to be HUST chairman. Is this the consortium to which you refer or are there more actual business men behind the scenes? I in no way wish to belittle this group that obviously have the best intentions in mind but I confess to being somewhat worried that these persons are the only ones mentioned so far.

Disappointed there has been no acknowledgement of or reply to my earlier post but there again this whole fiasco has been shrouded in mystery and silence. Half the problem really! Since the situation does not appear to be getting any better, in fact as suggested on BN today, it’s going from bad to worse, it may well be time to call it a day and just be content with the memories. As they say, all good things come to an end. Only recently opted to join HUST but I’m happy for them to keep my money and hope things work out well eventually.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Gulliver Gulliver.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Gully

Without answering on behalf of Jon, I have to say I think it highly unlikely he will make comment upon the proposal on a forum. Indeed, I think he will not be posting anything reading anything.

With regards to the proposal, it is what it is. If the club doesn’t liquidate then there is nothing to be said? It’s a very professional set up evidently. I don’t think any more detail than that will come out. It’s an alternative only if the club liquidates.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

I appreciate what you are saying Pat but would have expected an acknowledgement at least. I realise it was a conditional proposal but even so, with so few participants, appeared to lack substance. My point was in trying to establish if Jon was a spokesman for a larger contingent of possible backers or were those who attended the council meeting the total ensemble. If such information was deemed to be sensitive then I would have readily accepted Jon saying so.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

Maybe there quiet because they need to be quiet

With nearly everyday bullsnews having reports on ‘dodgy dealings’ and accusations on certain individuals I wouldn’t be surprised to find some kind of investigation going on somewhere!!

BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

Hi Gulliver and all

Really sorry I’ve been quiet recently certainly not an intentional snub.

Yes, has been busy recently trying to ready ourselves IF, and only if, HUFC39 comes to an end. None of us want that. Genuinly.

The group of businessmen, 5 of us and all Hereford supporters, are backed by a separate group of local investors who have under written £150,000 to get new club started.

We will no doubt invite further investment at some point. The whole plan is centered around the Trust being in partnership with our group. The club would be supporter led and we have a credible, sustainable business plan and budget.

We will announce more as soon as possible but one must remember that the Phoenix option is not relevant whilst we continue to have hope that HUFC39 can be saved.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by BDS BDS.
    Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Hi Gulliver and all

Really sorry I’ve been quiet recently certainly not an intentional snub.

Yes, has been busy recently trying to ready ourselves IF, and only if, HUFC39 comes to an end. None of us want that. Genuinly.

The group of businessmen, 5 of us and all Hereford supporters, are backed by a separate group of local investors who have under written £150,000 to get new club started.

We will no doubt invite further investment at some point. The whole plan is centered around the Trust being in partnership with our group. The club would be supporter led and we have a credible, sustainable business plan and budget.

We will announce more as soon as possible but one must remember that the Phoenix option is not relevant whilst we continue to have hope that HUFC39 can be saved.

Thanks Jon, that’s what I was hoping to hear, that you were not on your own. I understand that it is provisional on 1939 going under which, quite frankly, seems to be the way it’s going depending on the outcome this morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.