New Owner

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatNew Owner

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  johngalley 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 304

I’ll kick this one off. I will reserve judgement. Actions speak louder than words. A few more days of anxious waiting.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Early days but more questions than answers. “We are currently liaising with the Conference” but Strudwick says no contact as yet except with club representative. Hmmm!
    Who are the ‘we’, have only heard from Agombar? Strange opening statement, hope this will be clarified…are they going to pay up in full before Friday or not? Would be interesting to hear from one of the staff present at the meeting. Not convinced this is going to work out for us but will also reserve judgement for now.
    Chester fans are in no doubt we are doomed and, whilst they could be right, they would say that, wouldn’t they?

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

It may be very unfair, but after the last Chairman I ignore words and only judge by deeds. Time will tell, maybe the next 3 days.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

I’m really regretting not going to Sunday’s trial now but it was apparently very professional with some good talent on display. Don Ubah seems to be a character too and we’ve been lacking those at Edgar Street recently with the sole exception of Dave Preedy.

It’s too early to make any kind of judgement but he’s talking a good game about getting us back in to the league. The ground needs more than a lick of paint and is desperately overdue modernisation. It’ll be an eyesore amongst the ESG development if it carries on as it is.

bluebull
    Participant
    • Posts 32

it doesn’t look v promising to me. the acceptable face of the new ownership consortium appears to be Tommy.

who the hell are the other people involved?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  bluebull.
    Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

Their motivation still remains a major concern. We want football people in charge and I can’t believe they would try to negotiate with the Conference knowing what could happen at the AGM. It will all come down to what happens at the weekend.

Watching all the world go by.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Having slept on it, I have to say I have serious reservations.

May main concern surrounds this weekends AGM. I am concerned that the new owners actually want us to be thrown out of the conference. Put us in to admin. Clear some debts so they don’t have to pay them.

I’m not all to clear how it works, but I seriously can see it could be an attractive proposition for that to happen. Plus, playing lower down leagues would mean we wouldn’t need such a big stadium (whether that means redeveloping two ends so smaller capacity, or new ground completely I dont know).

I guess I have become very dubious of all owners after the last few years!

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Interesting perspective, Pat, just seriously hope you are wrong.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

Two counts that worry me for the AGM

1. Fit and proper persons test
    2. Proof of financial stability and the viability of surviving another 12 months in the Conference

If I was a betting man, my £1 – at this time right now – would go on Conference NOT being satisfied and chucking us out.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

The initial impression following Sunday was good, IMO. They set up a professional trial with some talent on display and, after rumours that he / they would remain anonymous, author Mitch Stansbury and HITC Trustee Nick Vaughan were very pleased with what they heard. Tommy has since met Chris Williams from The Trust. If we welcomes their presence more than Keyte did then this could be a nice partnership.

My optimism is that the money men have put something up in advance to get overdue bills paid and work on what was achieved last season with Conference survival. They want the club to be a better business model than it presently is and competing at the highest level possible is essential. It’s evident Herefordshire is buzzing when The Bulls are doing well. Apathy in the Calor Gas Division will help nobody.

BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210
    llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 304

Only £148k…..I thought Foyle was after £150k? Where’s the money for the next tax bill coming from and for the non-football debts? Are they going to put that in if Conference Premier status is guaranteed. Sorry cannot see this happening….Southern a League or liquidation here we come.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 488

I think the £148k MF clam is the highest number they can come up with. Heard a rumour that DK had agreed a deal with him for £50k which sounds more reasonable especially if he did have a clause limiting his pay off if terminated early in the same way Keyte did not put such a clause into Davey and Peter’s contract apparently. New owner thinks by playing hardball he can get it lower.
    The number quoted represents the rest of the football creditors I’m guessing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.