will this NIGHT MARE ever end????

HomeForumsHereford FC Chatwill this NIGHT MARE ever end????

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

I can’t list the amount of ‘disasters’ there’s been since Keyte has been in charge,
    How many more ‘disasters’ is there to come?
    This might be the death of us…

NEWS: Hereford United’s former manager Martin Foyle has issued a petition to wind up the Edgar Street club. It’ll be heard in June.

http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/11231562.Former_Bulls_boss_Martin_Foyle_issues_winding_up_petition_against_Hereford_United/?ref=rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It just goes on and on and on and on

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by enforcerbull enforcerbull.
    llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

It will end tomorrow…..then another one will begin. 😉

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I’m totally disgusted that this has been allowed to happen. Very obviously, MF was thoroughly brassed off when he went, and, much as I love this Club, he had every right to be. Another one to lay at DeCay’s door. Is there nothing that can happen that will make him realise the depths to which he has dragged HUFC? Who the hell, in the footballing world, will have any respect left for our club, when this is over??
    And the new investors want to keep him in place?!?!?!?!?!?

BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

It hurts to think the club, and its incredible fans, has meant so little to him

BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01yvznc

Go to 1 hr 20 mins in, includes interview with Kevin Rye of SD

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

Like most people he no doubt has bills to pay and a family to support. Why should he care for an employer (the club) who has treated him so shabbily? As for the fans…well they let him know what they thought of him when he brought Sam Smith on for Chris Sharp at the Wrexham game. The last few months must have been incredibly stressful for him and when he issued the petition he was jobless and the situation at Edgar Street looked terminal. Don’t blame him in the least….another DeCay farce.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 329

I support MF fully. He signed a contract and is fully entitled to be paid. I have never known an organisation so casual in not paying for anything. Doesn’t he have any shame? If he can’t afford something, he should never agree to it. I said when Martin was sacked that we were going to pay him off from money we did not have, and so it proves. If Keyte had any morals he would have given the club to HUST for £1, they could not do worse at financial management. From my perspective, morale at the Sportpark FruteKake is at an all time low.
    P.S. I do love my new name for ES.

I'm a football anteater

bigglesbull
    bigglesbull
    Participant
    • Posts 99

” If Keyte had any morals he would have given the club to HUST for £1, they could not do worse at financial management. From my perspective, morale at the Sportpark FruteKake is at an all time low.”

MF and the players are owed outstanding wages by HUFC PLC, so if the trust had bought the club for £1 they would now be looking at picking up the tab for these. Plus any payoff that MF is owed. Pledges are one thing, digging in and paying is another matter.

onwards, upwards, possibly sidewards, update definitely/onwards and upwards.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’d personally the Trust came to the fans with their cap in their hand as opposed to Keyte possibly selling the club off to developers. I’m finding it difficult to justify spending ANY more money whilst I’ve no idea who is bankrolling the club and for what reason. The club might be saved on the short term here but the long term future looks very difficult.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

” If Keyte had any morals he would have given the club to HUST for £1, they could not do worse at financial management. From my perspective, morale at the Sportpark FruteKake is at an all time low.”

MF and the players are owed outstanding wages by HUFC PLC, so if the trust had bought the club for £1 they would now be looking at picking up the tab for these. Plus any payoff that MF is owed. Pledges are one thing, digging in and paying is another matter.

Exactly right, biggles. The Trust would have inherited all the debts now facing Keyte and, as I said previously, with all their good intentions, I fail to see how they would hope to successfully fund the continual running of the club. That is, without substantial financial backing which may well have been along the same lines as the supposed investment now on offer. The anxiety, frustration and anger that now exists is well founded but I still believe we must remain calm and await the eventual outcome of these meetings. Too much conjecture, unfounded ‘facts’ and venomous diatribe serve only to fuel the fire of discontent now burning.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 329

That is precisely why the Trust needed to be able to carry out a full due diligence exercise before making any commitment. Without the Trust’s bid coming to fruition we shall never know how it would have developed, and certainly it would have been very difficult financially. However, I think you underestimate the goodwill, and possibly associated finance, that a community run club would generate. Given the choice between a cash trapped HUST committed to the running of the football club, and an affluent property developer committed to the redevelopment of the site with a stated lack of interest in the football side, I know which I would pick for the long term security of football at Edgar Street.

I'm a football anteater

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I fear that the cash injection is only going to be enough to paper over the cracks, that is, to pay off the immediate & urgent debts (the football debts, to allow us to continue in the Conference, and the HMRC winding up threat). There is yet another lot of HMRC debt accumulating, as we speak, and we have to budget, on top of that, for a new season, new manager, and a squad of around 18 players. I fully expect an announcement, in the next week, that we will be going part time, until the Club gets back to a sound footing, and lots of discounts being offered for early bird ST sales. In other words, another hand to mouth season, and, to be frank, that means yet another hefty loss.
    The way the supporter base has been treated means that a fair number of past ST buyers will not be sucked in to parting with money, in advance, because they saw what happened last season. A greater number of people will be staying away until they find out what is on offer. If DeCay is allowed to set a budget for an average gate of more than 1200, then the Club will be in trouble again by January, because, unless Terry Harris is one of a very rare breed (let’s hope he is!), then he will not have the funds to create a playoff threatening side, and the gates will dwindle.
    I, for one, will not be convinced by any promises, or forecasts, that DeCay puts out between now, and the beginning of the season, and, at a risk of being considered monotonous, I repeat what I’ve said before, if the new investors want gates that might sustain the Club, KEYTE HAS TO GO.

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 468

Here we are, another day gone and more lies about statements that never come.
    Is Decay the most stupid man in the world or is he just sat back planning his next trip to Barbados while laughing his socks off at us?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Still nothing aside from some holding statement we already knew about.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.