The end is nigh

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatThe end is nigh

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  nailswortholdbull 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 298

The news that the club have renaged on the agreement to pay off Foyle and Porter gives me hope that December 1st will really be the beginning of the end of this unhappy episode in the club’s history. If true then it is surely the final nail in the coffin as I cannot foresee that any other creditor would consider coming to a settlement with these despicable charlatans.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by llubyllub llubyllub.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Something didn’t seem right as soon as the deal with Foyle and Porter was announced. They were due big money so why would Lonsdale cover the debt himself? It didn’t make sense. He’s negotiated a deal and welched on it already.

Whoever is controlling the current regime will need to dig deep because creditors owed significant sums surely won’t agree to a repayment schedule now? Tick tock… tick tock…

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

The interesting question here is “Can Foyle & Porter re-attach themselves to the winding up petition before 01/12/2014?”.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

It’s not my field of expertise but hopefully someone can answer that for you. Perhaps they won’t need to because if HMRC push for full and immediate payment and the money isn’t there then it’s goodbye!

How can Taylor and Phelps turn up for work today when the club are openly pursuing replacements? Bulls News were on it immediately as usual.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

NB – I think the answer to your question is yes.

I have to say,over recent weeks I have had nothing to hold onto – no glimmer of light that this was coming to an end.

Over the past 48 hours that has changed. There is a distinct change in feeling around and about, on the back of what happened in court, that their days are indeed numbered.

If so – it’s what happens next that is vital.

They (the current lot) will not just walk away. They have something planned for what happens after liquidation.

What we (the fans) have to do is be vocal and visual in our attempts to ensure the council do the right thing and don’t sell the land to them, but enable football to continued to be played at Edgar Street.

My worry, and it’s a bi one, is whether they (the owners) have already food a loophole(s) in the leases meaning whatever happens with the football club, they will still have their hands on the leases once HUFC 1939 has gone.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Hopefully, the news that the leases, signed by Keyte & Lee Symonds, may be invalid, will be a help. If Keyte was transfering a lease that the Club (legally) does not own, I cannot see that TA, or, indeed, Alpha Finance, can lay claim to it.
    We will see………………………………..

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Why would the Council want to sell land to someone who hasn’t been paying their rent (or many other people) for so long? The newer proposal is that the Council get control over the development at both ends which clearly suits both parties. Hereford United doing well lifts everyone in the county and visiting clubs with a large fanbase brings new people in too.

Several legal parties wanted the club wound up on Monday and, if rumours are to be believed, Bailiffs / Sherrifs were waiting for the nod to go and lock the club up. Another adjournment has been granted but this is surely the last one?

bigglesbull
    bigglesbull
    Participant
    • Posts 99

Why would the Council want to sell land to someone who hasn’t been paying their rent (or many other people) for so long? The newer proposal is that the Council get control over the development at both ends which clearly suits both parties. Hereford United doing well lifts everyone in the county and visiting clubs with a large fanbase brings new people in too.

Several legal parties wanted the club wound up on Monday and, if rumours are to be believed, Bailiffs / Sherrifs were waiting for the nod to go and lock the club up. Another adjournment has been granted but this is surely the last one?

I’t easy to say we were ready to move in an evict them when the need didn’t arrive. Whether or not this was truly the case I have my doubts, but hey ho it sounds good at least. There’s a rat {politically correct?) in the woodpile somewhere.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by bigglesbull bigglesbull.

onwards, upwards, possibly sidewards, update definitely/onwards and upwards.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I could report you for Rodentism, Biggles, but just be aware that you are now being watched! There’s reported to be an army of ’em under the ME, and a few of their mates have actually been seen up in the Director’s Box.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 321

I loved Taylor’s not wanting thugs on the pitch. I should think not, they are all in the Boardroom.
    Remember, they want the football to fold at a point they dictate, as they undoubtedly have a plan. The number of apparent irregularities in the share issue and the leases starts to weigh against them, but we are a long way from victory. I may also be reported for rodentism, but why are there rumours of Keyte lurking round the woodshed/boardroom?

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I wouldn’t be surprised if they use the melee at Slough to conveniently sack a couple of players without having to pay them. I’d shudder to think how little income the club has now.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 321

Maybe the end is not nigh and it is going to plan for Tommy and co. This is my outrageous theory, probably/hopefully rubbish, but who knows.
    The events of the last few days are just what Tommy wants, but not on his terms. He will now try and relocate the club to the home counties as he always wanted. Mid-season the Southern League will only be concerned that a club called Hereford completes the season. I no more believe in the FA than the tooth fairy. He will sack the fat duo and appoint London based coaches and players, allow the club to decline a couple of leagues to operate at a lower cost base (the Keyte technique) and in a few years they will operate as a junior club, say Croydon Bulls.
    In Hereford, he will fade away and appoint a local figure to front the zombie club with more user friendly officials, and bide his time. We now know that in January 2014, Hereford Futures was talking about Tesco or Morrisons on the site. the more acceptable representatives will persuade the Council that there is no longer a market for a senior football club in Hereford, the site is developed, they get a cut, and Tommy and co take the profit.
    Job done. It may take him several years, but once the elections are over in May, the Council could well change tack to be even less fan friendly.
    Do I have an over developed imagination or what?

I'm a football anteater

bigglesbull
    bigglesbull
    Participant
    • Posts 99

Maybe the end is not nigh and it is going to plan for Tommy and co. This is my outrageous theory, probably/hopefully rubbish, but who knows.<br>
    The events of the last few days are just what Tommy wants, but not on his terms. He will now try and relocate the club to the home counties as he always wanted. Mid-season the Southern League will only be concerned that a club called Hereford completes the season. I no more believe in the FA than the tooth fairy. He will sack the fat duo and appoint London based coaches and players, allow the club to decline a couple of leagues to operate at a lower cost base (the Keyte technique) and in a few years they will operate as a junior club, say Croydon Bulls.<br>
    In Hereford, he will fade away and appoint a local figure to front the zombie club with more user friendly officials, and bide his time. We now know that in January 2014, Hereford Futures was talking about Tesco or Morrisons on the site. the more acceptable representatives will persuade the Council that there is no longer a market for a senior football club in Hereford, the site is developed, they get a cut, and Tommy and co take the profit.<br>
    Job done. It may take him several years, but once the elections are over in May, the Council could well change tack to be even less fan friendly.<br>
    Do I have an over developed imagination or what?

Sounds rather like nail and head to me.

onwards, upwards, possibly sidewards, update definitely/onwards and upwards.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

In Hereford, he will fade away and appoint a local figure to front the zombie club with more user friendly officials, and bide his time. We now know that in January 2014, Hereford Futures was talking about Tesco or Morrisons on the site. the more acceptable representatives will persuade the Council that there is no longer a market for a senior football club in Hereford, the site is developed, they get a cut, and Tommy and co take the profit.

The alternative idea was that the consortium Jon is involved with ensures the council are 100% involved with development at both ends. If Edgar Street is vacated for a ground in London then can our Phoenix Club apply to rent it? The incumbent “men” there were nearly evicted recently. Surely we’re going to be better tenants?

For me, only full redevelopment of Edgar Street (i.e. the sickening thought of our ground being bulldozed) with give a good profit to Agombar and co. I sense this what they’re optimistic for and, if it won’t happen, the club are liquidated on December 1st unless they dig very, very deep and pay the significant bills they owe.

Today’s news of Alan McCarthy not bothering to complete the ODT also shows how amateurish they all are. Utterly clueless to deal with.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

From what I’ve read about Bretherton previously, he strikes me as an ideas man, who is willing to spend money very freely on projects that are often not viable. This email was a proposal, full of “ifs”, and unlikely to be proceeded with, based upon the man’s previous track record, without a huge amount of discussion in the future.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.