Nice bit of Radford nostalgia

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatNice bit of Radford nostalgia

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Giant Anteater 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

The BBC getting all giddy with the 1st Round of the FA Cup. It’s just a shame there’s no mention of our current predicament.

Can anyone tell me why the Meadow End were singing “You’ll never walk alone”? I’ve always associated that with Liverpool and Liverpool only.

puskas
    Participant
    • Posts 57

Brings tears of emotion to my eyes every single time. Danny’s “Hereford United” was not that well known to ALL those fans on that day hence a rendering of the Liverpool anthem. Magical day.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Perhaps it’s just my generation but I couldn’t imagine that being sung on the Meadow End now. However, I do recall loads of Premier League kit tops and people getting excited about the results on transistor radios whilst the rest of us were trying to watch the match!

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 321

I may be very wrong, but my memory is that Danny wrote the famous song certainly after the Newcastle game, and possibly even around the time of the West Ham game when we were in Div 3.

I'm a football anteater

griffbull
    griffbull
    Participant
    • Posts 12

never ever tire of watching anything to do with that match, sadly too young to have been there

John Crabbe once scored a 40 yard own goal over Kevin Rose's head. What a bloke.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I may be very wrong, but my memory is that Danny wrote the famous song certainly after the Newcastle game, and possibly even around the time of the West Ham game when we were in Div 3.

I recall him conducting the Meadow End (the terrace and not this forum) during that fateful match against Brighton in 1997. It’s an absolute legacy to Danny that his song went on to be sung for so long.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 321

Danny Lee was a 100% top Herefordian, God bless him. He raised a fortune for charity, and I have never heard anyone say a bad word about him. Life needs many more Danny’s, a credit to the human race.

I'm a football anteater

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.