Just another Manic Monday

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatJust another Manic Monday

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 321

So, what will happen this time. Feels to me that it is crunch time for the current regime. If they pay, they are clearly in for the long haul for the obvious reason. If not, can they really come up with any more excuses, or the creditors give them any more time.

I'm a football anteater

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

There are several things going on that give me optimism:
    1. That the Hereford Council say they have had no contact with the Club since attaching themselves to the winding up petition. Surely, if TA & Co were looking to spin their way out of this, they would be trying to sweet talk their (arguably) most influential creditor?
    2. That HC have agreed a meeting with the London Bulls. No point in talking to any group pf Bulls fans, unless they have something to talk about, and, since the meeting is scheduled for after the court case, maybe the HC are aware of more than we are.
    3. HMRC are an unemotional lot, and, regardless of the history of our (once proud) little club, they are not going to be jerked around forever. Last, but not least,
    4. How many adjournments have HUFC been allowed, how many promises have they broken, how many deadlines have they failed to keep? It can’t be allowed to go on forever, especially since the last adjournment gave them a very generous 28 days to come up with the goodies.
    However, we’ve been let down by various so called figures of authority in the past few months, that I’m not getting too excited, but one can only hope that the judiciary have the experience, and wisdom, to see through these fraudsters, and to finally call “Time” on their little game.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

and to finally call “Time” on their little game.

…and then what? Seriously, should that be the case, what do you think would happen next? Are you in favour of the idea of setting up a phoenix club at the earliest opportunity, in readiness for next season? What do you envisage the support would be, attendance wise?
    I know a lot would depend on the councils involvement, availability of Edgar Street, leases etc., but also do you honestly believe that the financial backup would be sufficient to inaugurate a properly run club and a team capable of returning us to the good old days of league football? In time, of course!

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

For me, that long term adjournment was their way of ordering Hereford United to get it together or face liquidation. There’s no deal to cut with HMRC like there was with Foyle and Porter. They’re responsible for both Chester and Halifax being wound up and will also be incensed if tax hasn’t been paid since the initial winding up orders were issued. They need to make an example out of our club and send a message to others. I wouldn’t wish this situation on my worst enemy. If there is another adjournment then I think it’ll be short term and, unless significant funds are found, the club are gone and we start again.

However, I also think Monday’s result should then instigate some voting amongst our fans. Is it time to put a real phoenix club in place for next season regardless? I think it is.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Gulliver, the answer is “yes” to setting up a phoenix, earlier the better. The sooner we start getting funds in place, the sooner we know how high we can aim. I would expect crowds of 800-1,000 if we are starting around the current level, less if we have to start lower. Crowds will grow with success, and, obviously, much depends upon the Council. If we are allowed to retain ES, then off field incomes should be part & parcel of that growth. If not, then, although ground share is a far from attractive proposition, if needs must…………
    As far as prospects are concerned, if we are at ES, then “Yes”, I can see us back in the FL, maybe, at my age, I, personally, may not be around to see it, but for me, at least, the dream is far from dead!

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

They can exploit off the field income easily. I’d be far more inclined to put something in on a regular basis if I’m convinced the money is going to do some good. The Supporters Club can reopen for use during the week and I’d buy all the merchandise I need too.

A winning team at almost any level will attract fans in.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 321

I am with the optimists about a phoenix club. It would be hard work, and not all success, but I could see us back to Conference Prem in time at least.
    If Monday is winding up, HUST and the Hale group (greetings Jon) need to act very quickly to secure Edgar Street. There are very few people involved outside HUST/Hale who I trust, and I can’t see them all taking any result lying down.
    In the meantime, I have heard all sorts of rumours the last 2 days, and absolutely no facts. There is some very serious low life around Edgar Road, and the more stories I hear, the more I think on moral grounds, the boycott could have started when we left the Football League. The people who stopped going then were perhaps wiser than myself. A lot of things from that point on do not add up.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

A Pizza Hut employee in Hereford alleges that a group of players tried to leave without paying the bill and the Police had to be called. A theory on one side is that they were told the club had a tab and a theory on the other side is that they knew full well what they were doing. The treatment they’ve received from this club has seen them lose their self-respect?

None of us knows what will happen in the courts tomorrow but I still think it’s going to be a short term adjournment with a deadline set for full and immediate payment to HMRC. Either way, there’s going to be lots of F5 pressing on my keyboard until I find out.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 321

The Pizza Hut story is 1 of those I heard, and have no reason to doubt it.
    For what it is worth, I would guess a 7 day adjournment, although no one can understand how they keep getting away with it. There is certainly pressure from creditors, and there is a significant sum attached to the winding up order, probably £400k that I know about.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

There was a belief that the debt Keyte left the club in was 1.3 million and surely that has now risen? They may have reduced costs by deliberately relegating the club two divisions but income must also have reduced considerably given the lack of active support, sponsorship, merchandise, facilities etc?

Someone somewhere will have to dig deep to keep the club afloat if HMRC demand full payment. Hopefully they’ll realise it’s not worth it and walk away. It’s evident Agombar hasn’t got the money himself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.