Keyte's Disasters

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatKeyte's Disasters

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Following on from Enforcerbulls thread, thought it was worthy of it’s own thread. So, away you go… Keyte’s Disasters/Poor Decisions/Things that didn’t happen despite promises.. I’ll start.

1. Simon Davey

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

2. Buying the club (in a rush).

Two aspects here. Firstly, it is apparent he did not understand the sector he was buying into. Secondly, the deal was completed well into pre-season and Davey took over in a rush and I believe this contributed to the ‘Davey’ factor.

Watching all the world go by.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

3. Jamie Pitman thrown in at the deep end

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

4. Stuart Blake seems to have upset too many people. His investment proposals like the share issue or the debenture scheme flopped. I don’t want to get politics involved but many say he was part of the Tory clique at the club.

bigglesbull
    bigglesbull
    Participant
    • Posts 99

In fairness, (no I am not a Keyte fan) both Simon Davey and Pitman were appointed in response to consensus of opinion on bulls banter. I believe decay read and took on board what was voiced on bulls banter and tried to get the fans onside by appeasing them. First and fatal mistake. I do not feel that we need to like the chairman of the club, or have him pander to our every whim. We need a chairman who is strong and makes choices that are in the best interest of the club, not about winning first prize in a popularity contest. There is a lot of talk about his club/our club, but both are wrong. Anyone of us are only part of a group of custodians at this moment in time, and we should be trying to preserve and improve it for future custodians i.e.. our children and grand children ad infinitum.

onwards, upwards, possibly sidewards, update definitely/onwards and upwards.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

Complete lack of financial management from day 1. He backed Simon Davey blind, without any consideration of what he spent. A huge mistake even if SD had been a good manager. It set the tone that has continued ever since. Then when he could/would invest no more, he just stopped paying anyone, but could/would not turn off the financial commitments.

I'm a football anteater

bluebull
    Participant
    • Posts 32

5. Bringing in Gary Peters and then not giving him full control. I know some folk disagree but I’m still 100% convinced Peters (or indeed any experienced and competent manager) could have kept that squad of players in league two.

sittingbull
    sittingbull
    Participant
    • Posts 87

Bigglesbull I don’t recall Pitman being given the job because of B.B. as a stand in yes, full time… no way. He was and still is a sponge man and he was good at that.

The futures bright, the future is white.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

There was vocal support for Pitman from the terraces when he first took the job as caretaker and we were certainly singing his name 0-5 up at Stockport County! Nobody wanted him to succeed more than me because he was such a combative player and one who made Hereford is home.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 304

The mistake was not the appointment of Pitman but the terms of his contract (2 years? with no get out clause if things did not work out). Then bringing in Peters at no small expense but as bluebull states not giving him full control. I too believe that we would have stayed up under Peters’ guidance. The football might not have been pretty but given how things have turned out that would have been a small price to pay in hindsight.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

It’s a contradiction for me. Pitman asked for help and got Lawrence and then Peters; but then wanted full control of his own destiny. Peters had to take a step back and the players didn’t know what they were doing anymore. All hindsight but I fully agree Peters hoofball stood a chance to keep us up despite being uneasy on the eye!

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

Arab Investor.
    Who? Where? Did he exist?
    Again it set a tone of distrusting everything he says about funding/investors that continues to today.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

The Arab connection seemed plausible because I understand they had some involvement with Hereford Race Course. And, on top of that, Keyte has a horse of his own. It’s just a shame it never happened for a variety of reasons.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

As far as I’m aware, the Arab investor never existed.

I could be wrong but it was something bought about by a certain person named earlier in this thread.

It was early on in his days. On the Saturday Keyte slated the fans for not turning up, blaming everything on us, on the Monday he announced everything was rosy, chequebook away, look forward to the future. It was just before the first winding up order. Coincidence obviously.

Mike-Admin
    Mike-Admin
    Keymaster
    • Posts 35

5. Failing to openly demonstrate a reasonable amount of responsibility for the mess we’re in. (That’s putting it as politely as possible).

The best form of defence is attack. I used to be beastfromtheeast, now I'm just Mike.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.