Imminent investment

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatImminent investment

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  johngalley 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

This one sounds slightly more promising than before but, then again, we’ve been promised the earth on more than one occasion with nothing materialising. If they’re going to buy his majority shareholding then he gets some money back (originally lost through his own financial mismanagement) and hopefully he’ll then depart as he’s lost the support of too many fans.

I refuse to believe that new investors are interested in anything aside from development opportunities but am still generally optimistic that new money in the area will lead to progression for Hereford United as a business. I’m thinking sponsorship, entertaining clients, the use of services etc.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

If this deal doesn’t fall through at the eleventh hour then I cannot see DK departing any time soon. I think that, apart from recouping some of his losses, part of the deal will be that he stays on as chairman/managing director for at least a year rather like he did when he sold Bredon school. This will not be popular with most supporters but history has shown us that DK has a skin as thick as a rhino.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

The club have got significant bills to pay before the Conference AGM so something will need to happen otherwise that’s it. It’s evident he won’t put his hand in his pocket anymore. Once fans start hitting him where it hurts (I guarantee season ticket renewals and new purchases will be way down) then he’s going to have to do something as he’s becoming beyond parody with his indignant behaviour and belligerence.

We just want a club to be proud of again.

BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

BN suggests there has been a Board meeting today. Various names being banded about – Sammy Yu ? Brian Sparrow ?

Still concerns me if Keyte stays, and that isn’t a personal criticism – merely that for the club to have a proper chance to breathe new life it needs a fresh impetus and fresh start. There has been too much baggage from the Keyte era and that needs to be put to bed.

New investors/owners, freshening up of the Board and a direction.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’d imagine that is part of his thinking. Also, new investors may want to appoint their own people to run the club for them and, if Keyte gets some of his money back, then it’s arguably a win win situation for Hereford United because he’s lost the trust of too many fans. There was lots of good will towards him when he took over as the local man so many craved!

The next few days could be very interesting indeed.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Whatever happens, and whoever takes over, we’ll only have 3 choices:
    1. Be grateful, wish the new people all the luck in the world, and get behind them 100%.
    2. Feel that the Club, and it’s fans, have been shafted by the deal, and walk away.
    3. As 2 above, but stick around hoping that, just one day, it’ll all come right.
    Let’s all hope it’s number 1, but, as LB so eloquently has said, if DK is involved, I, too will find it impossible to believe in the credibility of any future promises from the new board.
    Luke Graham knows all the secrets, it seems, and I hope that he will, one day, open up on exactly what has gone on at ES over the past few years…………..

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

The latest Bulls News article says there’s perhaps a further meeting today before anything is announced. It certainly sounds more promising than the Arab investment or telecoms deal but nobody should be celebrating new impetus before it’s signed and sealed.

What I would like is new owners / directors / investors to face the fans through the Trust and HUISA but also an open meeting too. We’ve put up with rubbish for far too long and we want to know what we can do to stop this happening again.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

There is certainly more credence to this than any previous investor chat.

However, the line on Bulls News “minor financial issues” is a crucial line. That could easily esculate to something quite big if the investors turn up today and change their terms last minute.

Personally I don’t expect any thing official today. Just a hunch.

And how Keyte has the audacity to think he can remain is beyond me. Not only that, why would he want to?

I’m not altogether convinced this is good news, aside from it saves us short term.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

Who are Greenspace International Properties?

BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

Well, there is mention here ………..

?? Hmmm

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/brian-sparrow/50/b71/138

Where did you get the name from then?

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Two different Brian Sparrows? Confusion reigns.

BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Who are Greenspace International Properties?

They’ve got 1 Like on Facebook:

The first page of Google results brought nothing up. An international property company without a website? Is anyone able to find out who the name is registered to?

One thing I do hope is that we don’t simply have new loans to pay off old loans whilst the club gets handed around to developers who don’t have Hereford United’s best interests at heart. Will they liaise with the established fans groups? Will they keep respected people like Preedy and Addison around?

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

I asked the question because I cannot see the other Brian Sparrow and Simon Yu being interested in a run-down football club in a boring old market town in the middle of nowhere. Not their style? Brian Sparrow of Greenspace International Properties being based in Hereford seemed a better bet, if indeed a Brian Sparrow is the mystery investor. However, as you have by now no doubt discovered, there is little documented information on this company. Sounds an impressive name but then Del Boy had branches in London, Paris and New York.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

This time next year we’ll be millionaires. As there’s no real money to be made in football then it’s either got to be a Hereford United fan with deep pockets or someone with an idea to generate income through the club in its present form.

p.s. I spent a large part of my life in Hereford and never found it boring because we made our own fun. The city has potential but also has a culture of not fulfilling it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.