HUISA gone

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatHUISA gone

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  johngalley 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

Is it good or bad though?
    They raised a lot of money for the club
    There intentions were for the good for the club
    but at times very slow/refused to act because of being to close to the directors of the club.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

As a fund raising arm, they were excellent.

As an independent Supporters Association, well, that is down to how you see it. Personally think they could only continue as a fund raising association. Very very sad to see after all the efforts and hard work put in by many many members, but I have to say, I think this was inevitable.

THank you to HUISA and all its members.

organic
    Participant
    • Posts 122

In the meeting I was slated by Dodd for suggesting he was close to the club but little bits of info came out last night which could only have come from inside the club.

Of course he’s done some good work but perhaps he was too weak to lead HUISA especially when the going was rough as it is at present.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Nail on the head Organic. HUISA simply wasn’t independent anymore (nor has been for a few years).

Sadly, that came from the top. The only person I know to have a season ticket for this season too.

The fight continues. We wouldn’t be here today without an awful lot of hard work and dedication by the HUISA board and members over many, many years. Sadly, things evolve.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Having attended the meeting last night I was disappointed with the low turnout which, to me, simply emphasised that HUISA was at the end of its useful life. OK, it’s a main holiday period, many probably live outside of Hereford and some would be working or have other commitments but 30 out of 187 members is a pretty poor show. Nonetheless, within that small group I was surprised to discover the difference of opinion regarding the current situation, some distinct animosity towards the Trust, opposition to the boycott and determination to support the new regime (or at least the existing HUFC in whatever form) regardless of general opinion. In fairness, it was unanimously agreed that everyone was free to make their own choice and, apart from a little heated repartee between certain members, it remained mainly amicable.
    Sad…of course, considering the immense input HUISA have had over the years, with arranging away travel, donations to the club for provision of equipment etc; and the hugely successful 50/50 tickets. There’s no doubt that Dave & Nicki White and, contrary to the opinion of some, Keith Dodd, have been major stalwarts of HUFC, not forgetting the other committee members who have devoted their valuable time to the club. Unfortunately the misfortunes that have now befallen our club have cast a dark shadow over this once revered organisation, leading to abuse and condemnation and it’s inevitable demise.
    However, all is not lost, as I believe a genuine invitation to unite with the Trust was extended, although not immediately accepted, I see no reason why similar activities as performed by HUISA cannot be continued by the Trust. As I recall, a main aim of the Trust was to act as fund raisers and acquisition of HUISA shares, should the members vote accordingly and the shares in fact prove to be legal, would serve to strengthen the organisation and enable it to increase it’s activities in this direction.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 325

HUISA have done a great deal of good work over the years, and have some excellent people, especially Dave & Nikki. As Gulliver says, it is to be hoped that the good HUISA has achieved can be replicated if and when we have a future. I’m afraid that Keith Dodd brought much of this on HUISA by being so uncritically close to DeCay, and it seems even now he is supporting the crazy current regime. Difficult to believe some people want to support the new regime, I was out of it ages ago.

I'm a football anteater

puskas
    Participant
    • Posts 57

A friend was told yesterday that Comedy Nights and Shows will be returning to the Starlight Rooms. Maybe this is why Mr Dodd is keeping his feet under the table.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I am saddened by the demise of HUISA, but I’m afraid that it was of their Chairman’s making. He had grown so close to DeCay that he found it difficult to believe how corrupt he really was. Having said all that, he lead HUISA through many years, and they have given an awful lot of support, both financially, and in other ways, to our beloved Club. At worst they were misguided, but I hope that a good nucleus put aside any preconceptions they might have, about HUST, and join the fight to keep professional football at ES for future generations. We should all be pulling in the same direction.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

A friend was told yesterday that Comedy Nights and Shows will be returning to the Starlight Rooms. Maybe this is why Mr Dodd is keeping his feet under the table.

Hope not, if true then his statement which said that he “didn’t need the abuse” is just lies!!!

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

It is sad that they’ve had to disband when an organised group of fans is needed more than ever right now. I hope many HUISA members can bring their ideas to the Trust. With HUISA, I vividly remember the proposed organisation through Talking Bull, the meetings at the Richmond Club, the Mark Ryan / Mike Quarrell politics and everything else that happened when the momentum was behind ridding Hill and Fry from Hereford United. They were unrecognisable years later. As others have said, it can change things when one of their own get close to the new regime and Keith Dodd’s defence of Keyte became embarrassing at times.

sittingbull
    sittingbull
    Participant
    • Posts 84

I feel that the club needs a strong supporters group, two groups was one to many. Maybe a blessing in disguise.

The futures bright, the future is white.

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 449

Having attended the meeting last night I was disappointed with the low turnout which, to me, simply emphasised that HUISA was at the end of its useful life. OK, it’s a main holiday period, many probably live outside of Hereford and some would be working or have other commitments but 30 out of 187 members is a pretty poor show. Nonetheless, within that small group I was surprised to discover the difference of opinion regarding the current situation, some distinct animosity towards the Trust, opposition to the boycott and determination to support the new regime (or at least the existing HUFC in whatever form) regardless of general opinion. In fairness, it was unanimously agreed that everyone was free to make their own choice and, apart from a little heated repartee between certain members, it remained mainly amicable.<br>
    Sad…of course, considering the immense input HUISA have had over the years, with arranging away travel, donations to the club for provision of equipment etc; and the hugely successful 50/50 tickets. There’s no doubt that Dave & Nicki White and, contrary to the opinion of some, Keith Dodd, have been major stalwarts of HUFC, not forgetting the other committee members who have devoted their valuable time to the club. Unfortunately the misfortunes that have now befallen our club have cast a dark shadow over this once revered organisation, leading to abuse and condemnation and it’s inevitable demise.<br>
    However, all is not lost, as I believe a genuine invitation to unite with the Trust was extended, although not immediately accepted, I see no reason why similar activities as performed by HUISA cannot be continued by the Trust. As I recall, a main aim of the Trust was to act as fund raisers and acquisition of HUISA shares, should the members vote accordingly and the shares in fact prove to be legal, would serve to strengthen the organisation and enable it to increase it’s activities in this direction.

The solution is the Jon Hales/HUST phoenix initative surely?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.