Hereford Times

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatHereford Times

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bullyforyou 3 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 325

I can’t help thinking after seeing this weeks HT that if Satan gave them a press release saying “All Herefordians welcome to the fiery furnace, sin as much as you like and have a great time in the afterlife” they would just publish it without comment. It really is lazy journalism, and they seem to have become the new regime’s biggest mouthpiece. I don’t think they would recognise proper investigative journalism if it ran a tank through their office. I like Ian “Scoops” Morgan as a person, but…. If people go to watch the Bulls next weekend, it will be as much the result of the HT’s reporting as anything else.

I'm a football anteater

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

All they are interested in is advertising revenue. Journalism……….? Don’t make me laugh. I’ve seen far more reasoned and properly researched pieces in BN in recent weeks.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

My thoughts exactly. I said to my wife “If you didn’t have me to more or less explain what was going on, reading the Hereford Times would most certainly give the impression that everything was hunky-dory down at the Street”.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 325

I wrote this at the beginning of August, and the HT is still reporting as if Hereford United is a real football club. It is not, it is a sham club, a zombie club to exist in a marginal way until the site can be developed by Tommy and co. I was brought up that journalists used a bit of investigative powers, but I have met poodles with more (a lot more) bite than the HT. When more of the truth finally outs, I hope they will be held to account for their failure to expose the truth of the situation at Edgar Street. I can’t help feeling that if their reporters had worked at the Washington Post, Richard Nixon would have stayed as President until he had been dead for a decade. seriously not impressed by their work.

I'm a football anteater

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Well put, but, I’m afraid, our criticism doesn’t seem to have any effect. They have no shame……………..

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I work in publishing and no self-respecting journalist would churn out the naïve tripe that the HT are. If numerous Hereford United fans don’t buy their paper or use their services then it’ll hit them where it hurts.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Baileys News group have a shop in Nailsworth, which has always stocked the HT. Haven’t bought it for the past 3 months, since it became obvious that it’s no longer a NEWSpaper, but just a propaganda sheet for a bunch of crooks.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

I tweeted them (HT) this thread last week and have not had a reply but I’m sure they’ve read it!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.