What was happening at the club yesterday evening?

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatWhat was happening at the club yesterday evening?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  johngalley 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’ve heard a few things and read a few more things via credible sources. It’s understood club stalwart Lee Symonds has left and that Ian Pritchard’s company are owed a lot of money for the work they did on the pitch. Players like Jon Brown and Luke Graham have also confirmed they’re still waiting to be paid. Then there’s the real hierarchy… I first heard Keyte had left on Friday but now there’s reports he left last night. There’s also Tommy Agombar doing the hokey cokey (in out in out.)

My personal suspicion is that Tommy hasn’t got the backing he needs to see the club right and the Conference have called his bluff with the deadline extension. Hopefully a knight in shining armour can resurrect Hereford United at some level because we simply can’t continue like this.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

My personal belief is that this is all intentional. He has the money. Just no intention of releasing it. Why go to the effort Friday of trying to win over the conference I do not know. Maybe was a cover up – to give the impression they were trying. But the conference pulled thier bluff.

Why does he want it to go to the wall? Maybe to call administrators in, clear some debts, then start again in Southern League?

Picking up on what you said about Ian Pritchard. Read a few comments he’s made on facebook in reply to Nibbo’s status. Having a right go that he hasn’t been paid his £20k by the new owners. Fair enough, he is owed money. I get that. I did think it a tad rich of him to slate the new owners for non payment, considering he will have done no work for them so far, all of the work was done for Keyte, who his old man is blinking all chummy with!!! Not angry at Keyte then?! Maybe my mis-interpretation of the comments made.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

He’ll have little support from the fanbase is he does take us straight down to the Southern League and expect to remain in charge. We went through so much at the end of last season to remain in the Conference and to see this happen will be devastating.

From what I understand, Ian Pritchard went to the club yesterday and was given short thrift. Hereford United as a business still owe him money.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

In view of today’s news, I suspect it’ll be administration for us now. Which means that the hard working Mr P, who did such a great job of work on the pitch, will be lucky if he gets 10p in the £ of what he’s owed…………………….
    What is of greater concern is how much his father was being kept in the dark. I can’t imagine that he would have been aware of where all this would finish WITHOUT forewarning his son.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

Keyte is a weasel, I doubt very much that even Keytes own dad had any idea what was going to happen
    I am very convinced now that this was a ‘long term’ plan to get rid of the debt and then either
    1- start again in a lower league with a debt free future or.
    2- sell what they can to make a profit

Either way they’ve lost my support as Hereford United was my (like every other true football supporter) my life!!!
    I hope now Keyte walks, make that ‘RUN’also the so called business partner from London
    I will not step inside the ground and that includes Addisons and the starlite rooms until BOTH have gone.
    Keyte has destroyed this club
    Another thing that’s surprised me is the silence from the so called directors that we all believed supported this club ie Addison etc..
    I am totally totally angry over this

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Keyte is a weasel,
    I hope now Keyte walks, make that ‘RUN’also the so called business partner from London<br>
    I will not step inside the ground and that includes Addisons and the starlite rooms until BOTH have gone.<br>
    Keyte has destroyed this club<br>
    Another thing that’s surprised me is the silence from the so called directors that we all believed supported this club ie Addison etc..<br>
    I am totally totally angry over this

I disagree there, bullyforyou. I don’t want Keyte to simply walk (or run) away into obscurity. I want to see him face an investigation, police if necessary, to answer the many questions regarding missing funds. If he hasn’t paid HMRC, VAT, players, staff, council, ground maintenance, phone, club loanees, utilities, suppliers, breweries, etc, etc, etc., then where the bloody hell has the money gone? This guy has a lot of explaining to do!!

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

Posted last Friday Gulliver which is more or less on the same lines..
    “This might sound stupid but has anybody considered calling the Fraud office? Seriously
    If you think of all the money that has been raised over the past 3or 4 years and then add on the money from the shares football grid hair cuts bikes walks etc etc etc and then there’s the starlite room Addisons Radfords advertising?
    Something is not right!!
    We were in profit when Keyte took over and now we are ‘apparently’ over 1.3 million in debt”

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  bullyforyou.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Question: How do we get such an investigation under way? Does it need a complaint from a member of the public, is it better coming from one of the creditors, will HMRC trigger such an investigation? Even if there hasn’t been misuse of funds, surely it must be fraudulent to obtain credit from so many, under the pretense that you were going to pay them, when you had neither the means, nor the intention, to do so?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

That’s not my area of expertise (if I have one) but what does interest me is the fit and proper person test that the FA carry out. I know Thaksin Shinawatra managed to pass one but was hoping it might restrict Tommy Agombar from doing any more damage than he already has. Those bills NEEDED to be paid and now we’re standing at the edge of the abyss.

How on earth could his due diligence miss all that debt? He must have employed terrible people to do it for him. The Trust had professional advice throughout.

organic
    Participant
    • Posts 122

I don’t believe his story about not knowing how high the debt at ES was. The press including BN has been on about it for months.

I wrote an article in early Jan suggesting the debt was over £1M – add to that DK’s own admission that the club was losing £30K per month . That adds up to at least £1.2m.

And remember DK and BP’s words about BN and forums etc – Investors find out about clubs by looking at unofficial sites and forums.

Something is wrong.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Now I’m even more confused having just read Agombar’s statement on OS. He says, possibly with some justification, that the club was unable to meet payment of a £350,000 bond, to be held in an escrow account. Was this bond requested at the Conference meeting last Friday which Keyte and Green attended (Keyte considered the hearing to be ‘extremely fair and professional’ and agreed the terms fully) in which case it should have come as no surprise or was it only sprung on us today? I fail to understand why he would accept or be expected to pay £150,000 to clear immediate debts, £300,000 for seasonal expenses and then a further £350,000 as a bond, a total of £800,000. If the demand came out of the blue I’m not surprised he pulled the plug, especially as the same bond was not required of Macclesfield or Salisbury. In fairness to Agombar I believe (contrary to views expressed on BB) he should be given the time to honour his promise to pay staff and creditors and, hopefully, his assurance of a fans forum at the earliest opportunity. Personally, I remain sceptical that the Trust are in a position to take over the club even if it became available and the calls to take immediate action are motivated by an understandable anger and futility.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

My question is.. . People say that Keyte has gone, I’m still yet to be convinced but if he has what has he walk away with??

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

I don’t believe his story about not knowing how high the debt at ES was. The press including BN has been on about it for months.

Something else I don’t understand. Can someone clarify as to who is responsible for carrying out Due Diligence? The new owner or his accountant(s)? The reason I ask is because I believe Agombar was initially informed by Keyte that the outstanding debt was £300,000 but TA then says he was later told the actual amount due was £1.3m. Did this final figure come from Green, his accountant, who had time to assess the true situation or was it a complete misunderstanding, a breakdown in communication? Does this sum include the directors ‘loans’, most of which I believe is owed to Keyte?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I fail to understand why he would accept or be expected to pay £150,000 to clear immediate debts, £300,000 for seasonal expenses and then a further £350,000 as a bond, a total of £800,000. If the demand came out of the blue I’m not surprised he pulled the plug, especially as the same bond was not required of Macclesfield or Salisbury.

He’s bought the club for £1 but blatantly not put any significant money in to it. I don’t think he has the backing and is solely interested in the development at both ends. Hereford’s expulsion from the Conference is irksome to him but doesn’t cause a significant problem. Hopefully mistakes with the leases, supporter pressure and the general length of time it takes to get things done in Herefordshire will persuade him to move on and give us our club back.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 298

From farce to Greek tragedy, the only person responsible for this mess is David Keyte.
    Acombar and his backers (if he still has any), whatever their failings and ultimate intentions, were brought into the club by Keyte who, aided and abetted by a spineless board, signed the death warrant of our club. It would be gratifying if he could be brought to book in some way but it isn’t going to happen as I’m sure that he, on the advice of Stuart Blake, has covered all his bases.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.