Foyle

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  johngalley 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 298

No agreement made to settle winding up order. Goes to court on Monday. What is going on? I would guess that Consortium offered Foyle his outstanding wages but Foyle is holding out for a pay off in addition whilst DK and consortium are claiming breach of contract (company car incident) We’ll find out on Monday. Not looking good. Another long weekend ahead.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

On the verge of handing in ‘me cards’ about this. If this evenings leaks/rumours have any truth, I think that’s it for me. It just wouldn’t be the club I have supported for so so long.

Watching all the world go by.

sittingbull
    sittingbull
    Participant
    • Posts 83

Do we only have to pay him until him taking the Southport job?

The futures bright, the future is white.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I’m afraid that if the speculation is true, then my feelings are much the same as Woody’s. Where does a London based team leave the likes of Billy Murphy & Corey Williams?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I was hoping a lump sum payment might satisfy him but the dispute could be down to how much he thinks he’s owed over what the contract stated. It’s unlikely the club will be wound up over this.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 321

I’m with Woody, I can only take so much rubbish. That is my personality, I am reasonably easy going up to a point, and after that no discussion – bang. I have got to that point with HUFC of walking away from it all.
    P.S. The “alleged” company car incident did raise a chuckle with me.

I'm a football anteater

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

I’m cut from the same cloth GA. I have a stubborn streak which once activated is difficult to overcome.

At the present time either Keyte is sticking two fingers up at supporters with his ridiculous silence or the new owners are doing the same. Either way, they are showing us no respect.

I just want to watch a team that I recognise play some football. I no longer care in which league. But I will not support a team coached in just for matches owned by people who have no affinity with the area. If that is true, I’m off.

Watching all the world go by.

Sotonbull
    Participant
    • Posts 1

Such a sad state of affairs.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I’m afraid that, if things are as they are rumoured to be, I may have been to ES for the last time.
    I’m coming up towards my 71st in October, and, as I’ve said before, I’ve been coming to the Street since the 1950s, and been proud to do so. I’ve always been quick, and very proud, to nail my HUFC colours to the mast, when it comes to discussions about football, but no more. Like so many others, I have been shamed, and embarrassed, by the way that my once beloved club has treated it’s employees, the local traders, it’s players, and us, the supporters. Thge way that HUFC (1939) has finished up is shaming, to all of us. Right now, I would rather see this sick, and tainted, version of our once great little ckub be allowed to die. At least then, we can be allowed to rebuild a side, within the city of Hereford, that belongs to the local support, that starts with a clean sheet, and without the appalling history that DeCay has tagged on to this Club over the past 4 disastrous years.
    Never, ever, thought I would ever say this, but, honestly, I’ve stopped caring about what is about to happen. Because of all this secrecy, I know there is something going on that DeCay wants to hide from us, and, realistically, it ain’t gonna be good news. I fear that,even if there is a short term fix, our long term future is so tainted, that it will not be a long one.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 298

Well said Nailsworth. I said in a post some months ago that I did not subscribe to the belief that a football club belongs to the fans and it was a business just like any other and that the business Hereford United (1939) limited had been run atrociously over the past few years. Who would say that they wanted to be associated with a business that has cheated on its employees, suppliers, and customers. What belongs to the fans is the ethos and history of a football club. I will keep an open mind for the moment on what will happen next as there are too many unsubstantiated rumours flying around. However, if the worst case scenario does happen then I would back a Phoenix club rising from the ashes to keep the spirit of Hereford United alive. I never thought I would say that a few weeks ago. Never has the club motto been so appropriate.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 321

So true Nailsworth, so true. I have always been proud to admit to being a Hereford supporter, how ever bad we are on the field, but what would I say if I met someone for the first time next week and they asked me what team I support? I can’t honestly say I support a team that doesn’t pay anyone, whose ownership is unknown, and that totally ignores the same supporters who kept it afloat so heroically/foolishly the last few years.
    I do question one comment on your excellent post – “there is something going on that DeCay wants to hide from us”. There are moments when I wonder if he knows what is happening any more. His statements seem completely out of touch with the rumours. Does he have any more idea than us about the intentions of the new owners/investors? Horrible, and with every passing hour, the probability of a happy ending recedes.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I said in a post some months ago that I did not subscribe to the belief that a football club belongs to the fans and it was a business just like any other and that the business Hereford United (1939) limited had been run atrociously over the past few years.

My stance is slightly different in that I feel a club should be run with the fans at the heart of everything they do. The club should have a strong presence throughout the city and be involved with the community from youth teams to the social club being open every day. There is no club without fans.

People have significantly more attachment to their football club than they do their local branch of Tesco. I’m an absolute novice in comparison to many of you but 20 years of my life has been intertwined with HUFC.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 298

The Phoenix club I refer to in my final paragraph would be run by the fans through HUST. It looks like this is going to happen sooner or later (perhaps sooner the way things are going).

sittingbull
    sittingbull
    Participant
    • Posts 83

The rot and DeCay that is coming from E.S. is telling a lot of people that H.U.S.T. should take the bull by the horns and set the wheels in motion for that phoenix clubs formation, I agree with you all and refuse to give any more of my cash to DeCay.
    I say “Hereford United 1939 is dead”
    “Long live Hereford United 2014 / 2015” A club ran by the supporters for the supporters, that will live within its means.

The futures bright, the future is white.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Reading the above posts simply highlights the frustration, anger and sadness of genuine Hereford United fans who may be witnessing the final death throes of their beloved footbal club. They say “it’s not all over ’till the fat lady sings” and there is always a chance that something may yet come out of this to save the day. Unlikely, I know, at least from what little has transpired so far but, forever the optimist, I will cling to any straw floating in the wind. I can only imagine that further steps have been taken over the weekend to sort out this horrendous fiasco and, like London Bull, do not think the case tomorrow will result in the winding-up of the club. A budget has been submitted and, if a sensible one, will hopefully be accepted but the clock is ticking and time is running out. One thing that has added to the agony of the past few weeks, for me anyway, has been the relentless conjecture; unfounded ‘facts’, unsubstantiated comments and sometimes just plain stupid rumours that have merely served to fuel the fire. I can understand and share the anxiety this situation has brought upon us but some have exacerbated the problem by falsely raising hope or suggesting various scenarios which were pure fantasy.
    Strangely, however, the current course of events led me to cast my mind back to the euphoria of 2010 with the introduction of new management all round. Promises of good things to come, both on and off the field, suggested a bright and exciting future lay ahead. Few, if any, would or could have predicted the drama now taking place. As we know, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I suppose Davey’s dismal contribution and subsequent dismissal should have sounded warning bells but still we lived in hope that all was well. Pitman took over and started brightly but then came Peters and… well we know the rest. Now, here we are facing the possible end of a 90 year history, full of highs and lows, cup glories and failures, ecstasy and despair; all could be lost within the next few days. If only………Ah well, what’s the point, I’m too old now to lose any more sleep over it. What will be, will be.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.