Is this forum about to die?

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatIs this forum about to die?

This topic contains 57 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    bigglesbull
    bigglesbull
    Participant
    • Posts 99

I sincerely hope not.

onwards, upwards, possibly sidewards, update definitely/onwards and upwards.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I think, and hope, that that is unlikely. The people using this site may be limited in numbers, but their enthusiasm, and, in most instances, history, with all things HUFC, will keep them attached.
    There is a good reason that we all share for all of us being here, and that is the fact that we know that this site will always allow debate, but will always stamp on any abuse or OTT comments and/or reactions. It’s a case of respecting one’s fellow posters, and it’s something that doesn’t happen on BB. I’ll continue with BB, for the time being, because in recent weeks, it’s been a necessary source of information, and, sometimes, opinions, but TME is a lot more balanced, and thoughtful, with responses to most subjects, and, by whatever methods, the WUMs haven’t got among us, to any large extent, as yet.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 304

There will be some momentous decisions taken over the next 7 months (and beyond) and I am sure that everybody on this forum would like to debate and have an input into the formation of a new club. Still can’t quite believe what has happened since May.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

I can think of no reason why it should and certainly hope it doesn’t. Not sure how many members there are as this and other details are sadly lacking but, as NB says, it’s nice to know there is a forum to come to where one can express an opinion or make a comment without fear of abuse or ridicule. A comfort zone, in a manner of speaking.
    With regard to the current situation, I’m inclined for no particular reason to think that all is not over yet and, like a jack-in-the-box or birthday cake girl but not as enjoyable, I anticipate an unpleasant jolt to the system before Sept.1st. For the life of me I cannot see the current incumbents shrugging their shoulders saying “Ah well. it was fun while it lasted” and simply walking away empty handed.There are so many factors to consider my head spins trying to evaluate all the possible outcomes. How will the council feature? Will they be sympathetic to our cause and turn the leases over to a phoenix club? Come to that will a new club even have access to Edgar Street, it being a prime development location? If/when liquidation takes place, are the floodlights considered an asset and, if so, how does that effect existing contracts for the telecommunications (or whatever)? Could they sue for breach of contract? Love or loathe them, what about the new team? I feel sorry for these youngsters who only wanted to play football and, hopefully, further their careers. How do they stand in the scheme of things? Would they be suitable candidates for the phoenix club?, although that would take some time to get off the ground.
    As I said, these and so many more problems to discuss and sort out and it is going to call for a tremendous effort on behalf of all concerned before the famed Bulls Head emblem can fly proudly again.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

bigglesbull
    bigglesbull
    Participant
    • Posts 99

Phewe, I really hope this board continues. Like you nailsworth I spend a lot of time now going through BB, and contributing to the debate. Some of it is well measured and sensible, others are more belligerent and some have their own agenda. My personal view as stated on BB, is that this is far from being over. I really think the position we now find ourselves in has been very adroitly manoeuvred. To many things have appeared “on cue” as it were, and I do not think Tommy and Co are the mugs they would have us believe, otherwise they would not have survived as long as they have in any business. Hopefully I’m wrong, but the fat lady ain’t exactly singing yet.

onwards, upwards, possibly sidewards, update definitely/onwards and upwards.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

Despite being a convicted thief, Tommy has still made some money legitimately in business over the years and the situation at Hereford United is one that has failed for him. He’s underestimated Hereford people considerably and presumed they’d continue to cough up their entry fee each time to keep the club trading whilst he tried to profit from land development. However, the fact he didn’t carry out due diligence before he bought the club speaks volumes. He doesn’t prepare or research properly and its come back to haunt him. I think he’s got capital behind him and he pays people to do all the detailed work. He doesn’t strike me as being particularly bright.

No this forum won’t die. It’d be nice to be a bit busier sometimes but it will become more established in time. Bulls Banter has made excellent reading over the last few days given the circumstances but is too chaotic in general for me. It could do with some strong moderation because duplicate accounts, trolls and Andy Lonsdale ruined good threads.

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

I think this forum is a little oasis from the battleground that is Bulls Banter. There should be a role for both. BB has become a vital resource over the past few weeks and should be given some recognition. Yes, it is far from perfect but it has been a right pain in the posterior to Agombar and his cronies.

As for recent developments, I just don’t believe the club will be allowed to fold in view of the money they have been forced to hand out. It doesn’t make sense but how much of this saga has made any sense!

Watching all the world go by.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

I hope this forum don’t die but it all depends on what goes on in the next few weeks, ether..

1- The Agombar ‘gang’ is allowed to carry on which will end up with no supporters and no club
    2- The company which Agombar past his shares to allow the Agombar ‘gang’ to carry on which will finish the club because it will end up with no supporters and no club
    3-Somebody comes in with ‘loads of dosh’ clears the £1.3 million debt and builds the ground up into a 15000 all seater stadium
    4-the name HUFC 39 is allowed to die and a new club is allowed to start without no debt

Just need to try and stay at Edgar Street

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  bullyforyou.
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

I imagine it’ll be option 4. Nothing during this whole charade has surprised me yet but the chances of 1939 being in business after September 1st are very, very rare. HMRC do not mess around.

One thing I would encourage is a huge attendance at the Mayors XI v HUST FC. This will prove to Herefordshire Council that the interest is there. I’m unable to attend but will be donating in lieu.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

I favour TME continuing, but I guess it is Jon’s decision.
    I am totally bewildered by events now, so many questions.
    1) How does DeCay get the financial gain from destroying HUFC if it is liquidated? I still think he is involved somehow, but have the creditors called his and TA’s bluff by rejecting the CVA? Or have they another tactic to get at the asset of ES, possibly in league with the Council?
    2) What on earth have the Southern League been playing at, and are still playing at? Matches are still being played that are likely to be nul and void by 2nd September. Why don’t they postpone Hereford games until after that date? Why did they let HUFC into the league in the first place?
    3) What happens to the poor kids who thought they had their big break signing for the mighty Hereford United? They seem innocent pawns like the rest of us.
    4) What is in it for John and Elke? Why did they board the Titanic FC after the iceberg had been struck?
    5) Why do some people blame HUST, when IMO the blame lies firmly with David Keyte who took a thriving club and destroyed it, and IMO did it intentionally, at least in the last 2 seasons.
    6) What about the FA: – Hereford, Salisbury, Coventry, Cardiff, Birmingham, any idiot seems to be able to run a football club. Oh no, they failed one owner on the fit and proper test, after he had bought Hereford United. Surely passing the test has to be a prerequisite of buying a club, not a post purchase check.
    So it goes on.

I'm a football anteater

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

In all this I think people/groups fall into 1 of 3 categories.
    A) Good guys
    B) Asset stripping property developing baddies out to destroy the club
    C) Innocent idiots
    You will gather from my recent posts that I classify most involved with HUFC under B), and am not alone in that. There is just the case that there may be some type C) people. As an aside, a friend of mine very nearly became chairman of a football league club as a C). The firm he worked for was involved with a group taking over a well known league club. This all got well down the road over a long period, and he was set to be a temporary chairman for the new group. It was only quite late in the day that his firm realised that their partners were type B) withdrew their support and professional expertise (which is not in waste management!) and got well out of it, the takeover never happened, and the club lived fairly happily ever after.
    It is possible there are some type C) mixed up with the many type B) characters/groups.

I'm a football anteater

bluebull
    Participant
    • Posts 32

I can only answer 5. And to be honest it is an easy one.
    People blame HUST because rightly or wrongly they are perceived as prioritising the goal of regime change and a supporter owned club above the simple aim of survival.
    I am a member of HUST, a member even of the working group and it seems even to me that there may be some glimmer of truth in this viewpoint.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  bluebull.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

HUST did offer to buy the club from DK, and raised considerable pledges to support the bid. My view is that if that had been accepted they would have kept the club in the conference and harnessed the enthusiasm from the great escape at Aldershot. This season would have been tough, low budget, mainly youngsters, but that would be a lot more positive than 1 point from 9 in the Southern League.
    I do understand your comment “glimmer of truth”, but it is also my view that many Trust board, working party and general members would have left if it had been more than a glimmer. Maybe some HUST members realised the folly of trying to save the club and the depth of the financial situation much earlier than others. In truth, it was not until just before last Xmas that I began to seriously doubt that the club would continue, and I still kept putting money in the buckets.

I'm a football anteater

bluebull
    Participant
    • Posts 32

Its possibly only a glimmer because no one dares to say it aloud. The only trust figure who did speak out of line was encouraged to step down the very next day as I recall.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

I think most of us agree that 1939 ltd is not sustainable.
    The interesting point is at what point did individuals realise this, and I think that differs greatly between close friends. I have a long standing friend, a fan of decades who I think still struggles to get to this point. Some one else, who I view as quite critical of all things HUFC, says others realised it a couple of years before him. These views will be reflected on TME and within HUST.
    With hindsight George Webb was possibly correct, but I for one would have left HUST if his view had prevailed at that time. HUST has always been a more critical friend than HUISA, but that is exactly what the then Board of the club required but would not accept.

I'm a football anteater

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.