Final Word

Home›Forums›Hereford FC Chat›Final Word

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by griffbull griffbull 3 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 329

As Giant Anteater wanders off across the pampus in search of a football team he can respect, I leave you with these quotes from Kingsland News article by Luctonians Sports Club “The name of Luctonians is well known in many circles…….The Committee is aware that the good name should be carefully preserved”
    Says it all in my opinion.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

So long, mate. I hope we see you back one day but I fully respect your decision. I haven’t enjoyed watching Hereford United regularly for goodness knows how long but I am forever the eternal optimist.

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

My son and I have already made the same decision as GA. We will stay away and observe in the hope that our real concerns are proven to be unfounded. Still need my footie ‘fix’, so the local sides in my area will gain my cash. The reality is that I may enjoy it, let’s be fair, the bench mark is fairly low based on the past 4 years, and it could be a parting of the ways. Now if the fans take charge……!

Watching all the world go by.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Quite honestly, if I didn’t follow HUFC I think my interest in football generally would wane some what.

If the club folds, I would very much follow any phoenix club, if there was a natural link with the current club (colours, home ground etc).

As it is, IF this carries on, I am very much going to take a step back and see what progresses. Certainly not washing my hands of the club, but I am very (very) dubious of the new owner.

Thursday is a long way away too. A lot could happen between now and then (well, even worse, nothing may happen….)

sittingbull
    sittingbull
    Participant
    • Posts 84

I too think that this club is making a laughing stock of itself, the “new owners demands makes a mockery of the conference, Until I can have this, you can’t have that etc… This club that was once proud and had an honest although at times rocky history, never made a complete idiot of itself as it has with Decay at its helm. I feel that the club that we once new has died, there is no point trying to revive it, its been short of oxygen for to long, and if revived as it is, it will for ever suffer with its stigma. 😥

The futures bright, the future is white.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

If the club folds, I would very much follow any phoenix club, if there was a natural link with the current club (colours, home ground etc).

Liquidation and a phoenix club seems more appetising by the hour but surely white shirts and Edgar Street are a certainty?

Rumour, gossip and coy statements are doing the rounds on Twitter at the moment. Nobody knows what’s going on but we understand bills still aren’t paid and we’re running out of time. I’m starting to believe the funding isn’t there and the stress of Aldershot and last Friday wasn’t worth it.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

‘Sadly’I’m starting to feel the same
    The troubles and heartache I’ve felt in the short time that Keyte has been here has been unbelievable!!!
    One of my son’s helped raised a lot of money for the club he even bought shares and (for my birthday present) bought two squares of the pitch!!
    I’ve already said on another thread (under my other name)that I’m only interested in watching ‘full time’ football and it looks like (because of stupid decisions taken off field) that we may have to drop down at least 3 leagues??
    Though I understand why the club is forced to do that at the the same time i find it ‘hurtful’ that it’s the supporters that suffer because of one man’s ‘stupidity’.
    Nice meeting you ‘Giant Anteater’ and hopefully we will meet again one day soon though by what seems to be what’s going on ‘or lack of’ at the club it’s seems very unlikely sadly.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

We should all meet one day! I suspect there would be plenty to talk about.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

I’m up for that 😎

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

At the launch of Hereford United 2014…..or will it be 2015? 😕

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’ve tried to entertain myself as Dagenham & Redbridge on random afternoons for a football fix and it’s difficult…

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 329

I have to say that wandering the short distance from Edgar Street to Westfields was 1 of my better footballing decisions, and my £120 season ticket an excellent investment in a genuine local team. (I’m sure those who go to Peggy and Wellington can say the same). Saturday’s game was top entertainment, 2 well matched but different sides, 2 penalties 1 scored 1 saved, a 25 yard screamer, Joel Edwards and Sam Gwynne playing, and a certain Mr Purdie in attendance. I can say with complete honestly that I have never seen Westfields play bad football; they do sometimes play good football badly. After the hoof it early to a big unit tactics of Martin Foyle, and events at HUFC, it is a delight to follow Westfields.

I'm a football anteater

griffbull
    griffbull
    Participant
    • Posts 12

just hope everyone sticks together once this lot of idiots get out of our club.
    if its HUFC or a new club nothing to stop everyone getting on and making it special again

John Crabbe once scored a 40 yard own goal over Kevin Rose's head. What a bloke.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.