FINAL HOME GAME …….. (ever????)

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatFINAL HOME GAME …….. (ever????)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Pat Sharp Pat Sharp 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

Thought this day would never happen ‘well’ was hoping it will never happen!!
    3 years ago we were all given a ‘dream’ a future of a fantastic little club turning into a greater club, and club without debt a club with off field revenue and club that should be able to stand proud in a higher division competing with our heads held high and at the same time feeling ‘fantasic’ because our fantastic little club with its brand new blackfriers stand with its profit making hotel next to the new development overlooking Waitrose and the bigger straighter Meadow End Terrace.
    This how it should be, a football club being a beacon for people to be attracted to so people can visit this fantasic little club and have a look around this great little city and at the same time bringing ‘money’ to the area!!!.
    ‘But’ after all the promises and smiles we find ourselves in the bottom 4 of the SKILL premiership (conference in other words) with two games to go, two points behind safety, one win in sixteen games, a ground that’s hardly been touched, bills not being paid, office staff that’s gone months (yes months) without being fully paid, still coming to work working there socks off and even after having there hours cut they still do the same amount of work (couple of office staff are doing more???),the players even struggling to keep there chins up because of not being fully paid and what’s going on, thousands in debt, and a chairman (the same one that gave us theses dreams) who is now strangely quiet and has just come back from a nice 4 week holiday in Barbados! !!
    This maybe our last game at the street but ‘sorry’ I can’t keep quiet,i will let the director’s know how upset I am especially the chairman!!!
    THIS IS OUR CLUB HE’S ‘PLAYED’ WITH
    THIS IS OUR CLUB HE’S KILLED! !!!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by enforcerbull enforcerbull.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by enforcerbull enforcerbull.
    Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

I thought the Grimsby match might have been the last.

Today could easily be the last.

What desperate times.

A very odd one today. Fans will want to vent their fury at Keyte, yet the players need the full backing of the crowd.

Will he even be there? I actually think he will. He doesn’t understand why fans are attacking him apparently. He doesn’t get it.

There will be a lot of upset people there today. Bit more than that they will be angry. Me included.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

I’m getting angry at just writing the above!!

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 330

I’m hugely angry.
    In another life I am a reasonably sensible intelligent accountant living a happy life in north Herefordshire, but I have been obsessed with Hereford United since the day a school friend first took me to a game. Through all life’s changes HUFC, for all its ups and downs, has been a constant.
    One man is taking that away from us. He cannot blame anyone else. This is a great football club with some of the most fanatical supporters in the world, but he just does not get it.

I'm a football anteater

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

If the chairman is brave/stupid/thick-skinned enough to attend today then I hope he has arranged some close protection. Emotions may get the better of some people especially if we lose and the other results go against us.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’m hugely angry.<br>
    In another life I am a reasonably sensible intelligent accountant living a happy life in north Herefordshire, but I have been obsessed with Hereford United since the day a school friend first took me to a game. Through all life’s changes HUFC, for all its ups and downs, has been a constant.<br>
    One man is taking that away from us. He cannot blame anyone else. This is a great football club with some of the most fanatical supporters in the world, but he just does not get it.

If you put figures in front of me then I’m lost (I’m a publisher / budding author) but, as an accountant, you must be fuming at the financial decisions that have been made again and again and again? The budget in particular was foolishly high and they’ve clearly been robbing Peter to pay Paul too.

Before the Kiddy match in late January, I went for lunch with an old friend in Hereford. He ran his own small business for years and, despite knowing nothing about The Bulls, he was able to sum up their financial mistakes in 30 seconds. It gives me great hope that anyone with a good business acumen will be able to make the club more even financially one day.

Is this the last home match for Hereford United as we know them? Who knows. Head says no but heart says yes.

bigglesbull
    bigglesbull
    Participant
    • Posts 99

Tis a sad sad day for all of us. I am really afraid that having fallen this time we cannot rise again.

onwards, upwards, possibly sidewards, update definitely/onwards and upwards.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’m really disappointed Woking v Aldershot kicks off at 1pm. If the Shots get a good result there then they’re safe. I just don’t like the idea of us knowing their final score whilst we have our own match to play. That was the same for Tamworth and we bottled it.

Chester at Cambridge today is as difficult a match as it gets so there’s a glimmer of hope there. We’ll leapfrog them if they win and they lose. The +/- is also in our favour.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Just seen the Shots result come up. It looks like it’s twixt us and Chester now.
    I was born in Chester, but no mixed emotions for me. Hereford was where I was brought up, and introduced to the HUFC family, as a 7 year old, in the 1951/2 season. It’s where my heart still is, and although I can’t be there this afternoon, I’m wishing for the best.
    And, it may be for the very last time, but
    COYW!!!

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Well, hope springs eternal, and all that, but the Beeb has just shown the latest scores from the vital matches, and it’s Chester 1-0 up at Cambridge, and us 0-1 down to Alfreton. I’m off to do something in the garden, this just hurts too much!

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’m sitting on the edge of my bed and listening to the radio commentary so it’s like being 14 again without the wrinkles, receding hairline and beer gut. As ridiculous and dramatic as it sounds, it feels part of me is dying here. I’m feeling pain both emotionally and physically.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

So, on we go, to the final game of the season.
    A lot of us felt that it might come down to this, but I’m saddened at what appears to be a magnificent effort, by the players under PB today, has not got them the reward they hoped for. Hard to believe Cambridge slipped up against Chester, but, since automatic promotion was out of their reach, it may be that some of their players just went through the motions, knowing that they have playoffs to face in coming weeks. And, if we had been in a similar position, I suppose we might have done the same…………

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I kept an eye on the Cambridge live text on BBC and they hadn’t had a shot on target. They made substitutions but nothing happened.

So, it’s don’t get beaten at Aldershot and hope Cambridge don’t win at home to Salisbury. Whilst there’s a chance then we hope we can do it. End of. 4 days to go…

bigglesbull
    bigglesbull
    Participant
    • Posts 99

Was a magnificent effort today tho, if only they had pulled some of that out on Fri. Friday really was dire overall, although early on we looked the most likely. And if you thought Fridays ref was bad, he had a good game compared to todays excuse. That was dire refereeing all round, don’t think he got anything right today.

onwards, upwards, possibly sidewards, update definitely/onwards and upwards.

enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

Agree with you there biggles Fridays performance was complete ‘pants’ but thankfully they made up for it today
    Brilliant performance by far the best game this year (even with a number of defence errors).
    Sadly though it’s now down to Aldershot who are not going to be easy and hope Chester ‘at most’ get a draw!!!
    It’s Going to be a big ‘IF’ but it’s what being a ‘supporter’ is all about…..isn’t it?? 😕
    Got to add though that I’m still extremely unhappy at what’s going on at the club and it’s a good job I never saw Keyte has i would’ve given him both barrows!!!
    Let’s hope I meet you lot(the rest of you) again next season

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by enforcerbull enforcerbull.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.