and the 'DRAMA' goes on…

HomeForumsHereford FC Chatand the 'DRAMA' goes on…

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77
    TME admin
    TME admin
    Keymaster
    • Posts 205

All so incredible sad.

Supporters tossed aside in the pursuit of cash in their pockets.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I’ve just started a thread, on BB, with the title “CVA procedure”, with the thought in mind that, if this lot try to circumvent the proper procedures, we might be able to hold them to account. I suspect, however, they have had all their plans in place for a very long time, and, of course, may have done this many times before………….

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 321

Among the many people who have let us down, I feel the FA have a lot of responsibility. Football has become the worst type of unregulated capitalism, with the most corrupt able to gain control of clubs and destroy them with impunity.
    This is all completely crazy. Supporters’ Direct have also gone quiet to my knowledge, although things may be happening behind the scenes.
    Every day seems to get worse, and I do believe both that this is all planned, and that DeCay is still deeply involved.

I'm a football anteater

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

I think Supporters Direct are being very active in the background and have a very good dialogue with HUST. I know they have been a very, very helpful and usual ‘body’ to have been able to turn to since day one of the trust.

As far as the FA are concerned, I agree. Very much feel ‘out of sight, out of mind’ and we are too small for them to worry about.

More than anyone though, I feel the council need to come under scrutiny. They are the ones that can make a difference. Nothing the supporters do will make a scrap of difference to TA and gang.

All efforts need to be pointed towards the council in my opinion.

I am very concerned something has already been struck between TA and the council – that’s a personal feeling. I deerly hope the council realise the value of football at Edgar Street to the city as a whole.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

The more I see
    The more I’m convinced that this was planned from day one of Keytes rain
    The club wasn’t sold to this lot it was “past over’ to be completed
    And once completed Keyte will be waiting for his cut!!
    Supporter my arse!!

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I very much agree with Pat’s point. We have to be careful about making corruption allegations against any local government representatives, but surely they have to realise that their inaction (particularly that of Bowen, and, I’m sorry to say, Nick Nenaditch) is bound to raise suspicions among the club’s support.
    And since their acceptance “in good faith” of TA’s promise to pay ALL staff, in full, by 26th June, has now been seen as a MAJOR error of judgement, I feel that they have an obligation to come down off the fence, and to refuse to do business withe TA, and/or his associates, until he justifies that vote of “good faith”.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 321

I agree entirely about the Council. To begin with I thought they would help the supporters, and many of us have used our contacts to try and explain the situation. However, that faith seems to be misplaced. I don’t think many councillors get HUFC at all, and I doubt if many have seen a match. There is too large a part of Herefordshire society that is not football obsessed.
    For those of us that are football obsessed, the tragic reality is that next season we will almost certainly be “free agents” without a club to support. I am planning to watch a bit of Westfields, some Welsh football as I live fairly near Knighton and Presteigne, and try and do the odd trip to a league game, maybe even Shrews. What can we do?

I'm a football anteater

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 298

I will go to a few games at Llandrindod who have been promoted to the second tier of Welsh football. Most of their squad have progressed from their youth team. It would be good if during our wilderness year, as a group of supporters, we could nominate games to visit in “Hereford” colours (especially those clubs who gave support to meet the tax bill last season and who have given moral support in our current plight).

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’m studying creative writing part time and have opted for a Saturday afternoon course from September through to December. I previously would’ve looked at the Friday evening one but I need something to occupy my Saturdays otherwise I’ll go crackers. I’ve been to football (any match) since I was 14 and now I’m 34.

I have West Ham, Dagenham and Leyton Orient a short distance away for any football fix. I’ve also got strong connections with Manchester and can normally pick up a ticket for a City home match if I go up there for a weekend.

I’ll manage!

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 298

“I will go to a few games at Llandrindod who have been promoted to the second tier of Welsh football. Most of their squad have progressed from their youth team.”

So far this season:

Llandrindod FC. Played 10, Lost 10, Goals for 6, Goals against 42

GIVE ME MY CLUB BACK……PLEASE

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

LlubyLLub, you have my sympathy, up to a point. All I’ve had, for the past week or so, from the FGR supporters, is “We stuffed the Gasheads, at the Mem last week, who did your lot lose to………….?”
    Still no change of loyalty from me, but it is hard work sometimes!

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I can’t believe they’re saying that to you… I wouldn’t wish our present situation on fans of any club. So much for the football family!

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Brought it upon myself, LB, I’ve been doing a wind up on the village team for many seasons now. It’s come back to haunt me!
    What’s making it even harder to bear is the latest news from FGR. Dale Vince, the owner, is now looking for a new ground adjacent to J13 of the M5. He’s 3 years into a 10 year plan to bring Championship football to Gloucestershire, and he knows he can’t do it with the current stadium. His reasoning is that if he can get planning to go to J13, he can pinch Gloucester City’s crowds, and take lumps out of Brizzle Rovers & Cheltenham as well. Interesting project, although, for all the millions he’s already spent, they have still not risen, until this season, above 10th place in the Conference.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I suppose it’s the drifters and the randoms that Vince needs to pick up. People don’t change their favourite football team. For me, the area itself hasn’t got enough about it to sustain a Championship side without continued significant investment and there’s no long term plan there…

I spent last Christmas down here and watched Bulls v Forest Green in a Fun Pub in the West End. The bar manager approached me half way through the first half to ask who FGR were. He had no idea! I described it as a “Bus stop in deepest, darkest Gloucestershire.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.