If you were in any doubt….

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatIf you were in any doubt….

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Gulliver Gulliver 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

This is one person’s take on the dealings at HUFC in the past 12 months, as a result of the CVA proposal….(from BN)

http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/comments-about-herefords-proposed-cva.html

A game changer.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

Can someone explain it to me in basic terms? I’m not a numbers man. Am I right in thinking the share issue was, for lack of a better term, illegal? In my heart I suppose I always felt that insufficient due diligence would come back to haunt the new owner(s).

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Basically, in very simple terms, I think I am right in saying, that if these ‘allegations’ or facts are true, then the share issue was ‘illegal’ and thus does not stand. Therefore any new shares sold were sold ‘illegally’ (hence possible fraud) and more importantly, Agombar would only have 17% of the overall share holding not 58% as he currently thinks, if indeed any – the shares he bought might revert back to Keytes name, as Agombar bought them after the share issue.

Basically, would mean Agombar isn’t the majority share holder, and Keyte is in big trouble re potential fraud.

For Agombar to ‘prove’ he is the owner would see a rather expensive court case needed, which he might not be willing to fund.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Do I detect a glimmer of hope? Whoever wrote that article making those allegations appears to know what he/she is talking about and, as Pat says, may be highlighting a number of irregularities in the share issue, amongst other things. Keeping our fingers crossed, Keyte may still be facing justice after all.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

I always saw the share issue as weak and smacking of desperation but also created for reasons that differ to the allegations and suggestions being made. The well meaning idiot of an ex-Chairman would continue as major shareholder but welcome investment from others to allow the club to continue trading. I considered shares on my own, as a London Bull and then as part of the Trust to gain some degree of influence on club direction; but I didn’t put a penny in myself. That really was a thoroughly researched piece on Bulls News though. I’d be delighted to find out who wrote it one day.

As a matter of principal, Agombar could go to court but no guarantee of a win would see him waste his time and money when there’s other businesses to acquire! He and his business colleagues have underestimated Hereford United fans.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I think the invitation to ask Counsel’s opinion is significant. It means a) that the writer is confident of his/her interpretation of the situation, b) that the SL, the Council, the High Court, et al, will all have to sit up & take PROPER notice of what’s happened, and c) That if TA & Co want to contest the findings, they are likely to need to consider barrister’s costs, which, some 10 years ago, were around £500 per hour, and likely to be a hell of a lot more now!
    This has now ceased to be a bunch of local fans belly aching because their beloved football club has hit hard times, it’s starting to look like illegality, on a large scale, has taken place…….
    Keep hoping!

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

I have also been thinking about the desperate fund raising at the end of last season. I sent a cheque (no I have not got a copy). It was not for a large sum, but it was money. Season ticket holders repaid at the gate on the promise of a discount for the new season. I can’t help thinking that that was close to fraud. My wife kept calling it the “fleecing of the Bulls”, and viewed everyone who contributed as very stupid, but she did put a £ or 2 into a supermarket bucket. Keyte has a huge number of questions to answer from his first day at the club. If the CVA and associated actions are carried out correctly, some very telling questions will be asked. For me, TA and co are nothing but vultures, but David Keyte is the one who murdered our football club. I was told a story last week which HUST cannot confirm, but which if true is remarkably disgraceful, about another possible sale of the club. Just emphasises to me that the DK/TA set up was planned a long way back.

I'm a football anteater

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

I have to agree GA. The current owners are, as you say, vultures. They are in it for one reason, and don’t give a damn how they get there.

BUT

The buck stops firmly with Keyte in my book. 100%.

The lies, the contempt in which he treated the fans, the constant fund raising before slagging the fans off. The Arab.

I wish ill upon no one, and find it uncomfortable when I read things on social networks wishing just that. I am aware his health has suffered throuh various things, and has had (not sure if still the case) two security guys staying at his premises (so I weas told 6 weeks ago). I do, however, think he has to take full responsiblity of his actions.

I’ll leave it at that.

I pray the letter sent to the IP is the start of the end for all things TA and DK re HUFC. I still think the debt there is far too much to keep HUFC 1939 going. But whether it means liquidating, or trying the keep it going, we would be free of some truly awful people.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

I certainly don’t wish any ill towards David Keyte, and am particularly sad that his wife has had health problems. I know from personal experience how that can take over your life. I do think he had the option of taking the HUST £1 and walking away with just a hint of dignity. If the other story I was told is true, and it probably isn’t, he may have had another opportunity to walk away without the state he has left it in.
    I think all of us on TME are uncomfortable with some of the opinions going round, but feelings are running very high towards a number of organisations and individuals. It does feel a bit like HUFC is becoming Herefordshire’s miners strike. This is precisely why I decided to distance myself a bit from it and have now bought a Westfields season ticket to keep me out of mischief, and give me something more positive to focus on.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

It would be incredible if another one of Keyte’s decisions (i.e. mistakes) leads to Agombar being unable to fulfil his grand scheme! I can only speak for myself but all I want is the club in the hands of people who have our interests at the heart of everything they do. Once the old regime are gone then they’re gone.

puskas
    Participant
    • Posts 57

I certainly don’t wish any ill towards David Keyte, and am particularly sad that his wife has had health problems. I know from personal experience how that can take over your life. I do think he had the option of taking the HUST £1 and walking away with just a hint of dignity. If the other story I was told is true, and it probably isn’t, he may have had another opportunity to walk away without the state he has left it in.<br>
    I think all of us on TME are uncomfortable with some of the opinions going round, but feelings are running very high towards a number of organisations and individuals. It does feel a bit like HUFC is becoming Herefordshire’s miners strike. This is precisely why I decided to distance myself a bit from it and have now bought a Westfields season ticket to keep me out of mischief, and give me something more positive to focus on.

Look forward to seeing you at Westfields, GA. You will enjoy it there-a very well run club and plenty of competitive football.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Seriously thinking of popping down to Allpay Park myself. When’s the next home game, puskas, against whom and how much do we old codgers pay to get in?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

Will anyone look at going to Pegasus Juniors too? They’ve offered their facilities to the Supporters Team and are also a well run club. I’m looking forwards to going there on Tuesday! This time last year I hadn’t expected Pegasus v HUST to be my first match of the 14/15 season but c’est la vie.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Hope to be there Tuesday night, may be my first game too.

puskas
    Participant
    • Posts 57

Seriously thinking of popping down to Allpay Park myself. When’s the next home game, puskas, against whom and how much do we old codgers pay to get in?

Next 2 HOME games:-

Tues 5th Aug v LYE TOWN (MFL) KO 7.45pm

Sat 9th Aug v CAUSEWAY (MFL) KO 3.00pm

I will be getting full fixture lists printed this week

ADMISSION: £6.00, Old codgers:£4.00

OR

JOIN EXECUTIVE/SUPPORTERS CLUB
    £10 per month
    FREE ENTRY TO ALL HOME MFL LEAGUE GAMES
    PLUS ENTRY TO MONTHLY DRAW
    FIRST PRIZE:£150, SECOND PRIZE:£100, THIRD PRIZE:£50.

Look forward to seeing you there, Gulliver.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.