Director's statement

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatDirector's statement

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by llubyllub llubyllub 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Thoughts anyone? I just wonder why it has taken so long for someone to find the time to explain anything. My belief is that this will undoubtedly give many cause to stop and think. We know that several long term supporters have already made their decision to attend games, as support for the club not necessarily the administration.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

They’re drinking in the last chance saloon with that statement. Thankfully it confirms the departure of Tommy Agombar amongst other things. Nobody under the new regime has the ability to communicate with the fans. It’s been nothing short of confrontation, hostility and ridicule.

p.s. I’m off work with tonsillitis and watching Countdown as I type. Why did nobody tell me how pretty Rachel Riley is?

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Hope you get well soon, LB, I’m just impressed that you can contribute to this forum and concentrate on Countdown (Rachel) at the same time. 🙂

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

Thanks! I hadn’t seen it in years but did bits of typing whilst the adverts were on.

Back on topic… It’s a bizarre statement for the official club site to publish. They’ve pretty much admitted it’s Tommy Agonebar, the CVA will fail and they’ve been roped in through Ellis to lend a hand so it’s just a matter of time.

I’ll be following the Slough match with interest.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

It is a very strange statement, a style of explanation/blackmail, that usually leaves people bewildered. Why did they get involved in the first place? Why does no one ever do due diligence? There have been enough clues the last 4 years that HUFC is a financial mess to some degree. Herefordians just don’t react to bullying, and saying its fine I’ve got mates in London as Tommy does is the most likely thing to wind us up.
    We are left with probably 2 options; a) they are nasty developers after the leases and to build on Edgar Road, or b) they are idiotic innocents. I go for a). And as every day goes by, I understand less and less why they did not pay the Conference bond. A lot more people would have gritted their teeth and gone if we were still level 5 with a residue of players from last season.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

And as every day goes by, I understand less and less why they did not pay the Conference bond. A lot more people would have gritted their teeth and gone if we were still level 5 with a residue of players from last season.

My thoughts would be that they wanted the club run as cheaply as possible so they could get their hands on the leases and disappear once they’ve made their fortune. What they have done is underestimate Hereford United fans. The boycott has been very well supported and the club are being hit where it hurts.

I must disagree with this new fan momentum behind the Trust trying to buy Agombar out. Even a better worked CVA will struggle to raise the kind of money required to keep the club going. I’d feel far happier investing in a new club rather than throwing wads of cash at a problem.

We’re getting there. We’re getting there.

organic
    Participant
    • Posts 122

I’d feel far happier investing in a new club rather than throwing wads of cash at a problem.

Spot On LB

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 333

None of us want to see HUFC die, but there has to be financial realism in life. Why do I drive a 14 year old car that will be lucky to get through the MoT tomorrow, not an expensive new thing. Partly financial realism.
    Reality says London and Organic are right. I would not support financially the Trust trying to buy out TA and resurrect the lifeless Bull. Some people struggle to accept reality when it is very unpleasant.

I'm a football anteater

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 304

The old adage don’t throw good money after bad holds true here. Just imagine what the funds raised by fans in the past couple of seasons to pay the taxman could have been used for had the majority of supporters not been fixated on keeping the 1939 company alive. Apart from anything else the liquidation of the existing company would enable the liquidator to pursue the former directors for wrongful/insolvent trading if he found evidence of such (which I think he would).

If the reformed club pledged to compensate existing creditors (with the exception of Keyte, Agombar all former directors responsible for the mess in the first place) then it would restore the good name of Hereford United. Funds could be raised by public appeal, fund-raising legends matches arranged, discounted/free pitch-side/programme advertising offered, complimentary tickets donated etc.

Reluctantly withdraw the life support machine from the old club and rejoice in the birth of a new (partly?) fan owned club.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.