CVA proposal rejected

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatCVA proposal rejected

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

The Hereford Times have just tweeted that the CVA has been rejected by creditors at today’s meeting at Edgar Street.

I think that’s the club in its present form pretty much done in September pending unexpected developments. To the future!

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 304

There have been so many twists and turns in this saga that I will wait until the winding up order is confirmed. I’ve got a feeling there will be some unexpected developments.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

I feel sorry for the players who thought they were getting an opportunity with an established name like Hereford United. Their youthfulness probably meant they were unaware how badly a football club could be run.

There’s going to be no deal struck with HMRC here. They’ve been owed too much for too long.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

This is surely a kick in the teeth for the Southern League who must have seen this coming. Unless there is a miracle in the offing, maybe your ‘unexpected developments’ or someone with a lottery win, it would appear HUFC (1939) is headed for liquidation. If United are unable to complete the season, which seems likely, other SL clubs are going to be rightly upset. As suggested by someone on the BB forum, it may be prudent to consider making an offer to the IP regarding assets if the club is wound up. Might be jumping the gun here but it would be a disaster if our stadium was left a desecrated shell.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I just hope that there is nothing else in the shadows that’s going to jump out at the last minute to dash everyone’s hopes. We need for the Hereford Council to understand the importance, and iconic status, of the Edgar Street ground, to the supporters of pro football in Hereford, and for them to be prepared to talk, constructively, to HUST, and JH’s consortium, about what can happen now.
    At this very moment, I feel very empty and truly feel like I’ve lost a very good friend, one who has been with me throughout the last 60 odd years of my life. I’m hoping against hope that the people who matter, on the Council, can understand that, and also the fact that there are hundreds of others, all over the world, whose lives have been touched by our wonderful old Club at some time or another, who will be feeling the same way.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 663

On the positive side, we’re far closer to getting our club back than we were. There was initial excitement about the share issue and Agombar’s true influence on things; but that’s obviously now over. He really is a devious character and I sincerely hope his antics aren’t experienced by fans of any club again.

How little coverage we’ve had has been disappointing. I know we had a World Cup to compete against but hopefully some degree of support from the media will appear in coming days and weeks. I certainly followed the Chester antics closely when they were being desecrated by Vaughan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.