F.A. cup

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    sittingbull
    sittingbull
    Participant
    • Posts 85

I feel so gutted, my stomach feels like an empty pit. The F.A. cup is normally a time for excitement, ok, and some lows, BUT how low can this Football club fall before someone steps in to put it out of its misery?

The futures bright, the future is white.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

There’s a suggestion that complaints needs to be made to the FA because Tommy Agombar is going in to the dressing room before matches and then giving a rollicking to dejected players afterwards. This has been witnessed by people yesterday. He’s not supposed to be having ANY involvement with the club at all.

As I’m saying to others, we need to keep our heads and just ride this one out. So much has been achieved by the fans already and it’s only September. I’d urge many to attend the Trust AGM. I’m unable to but will be following it as best I can.

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 471

Another sad chapter in the decline of a once great club, orchestrated by DK and now being finished off by the cockney crooks.
    We must not surrender and must save ES for a new club.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

It was sad to read some of the comments on BB yesterday hoping that Hereford would lose and then elated when the final score was known. Whilst many have stated that they no longer want anything to do with the club, which they refuse to recognise under the new regime, the fact remains that it is still Hereford United (1939) Ltd, the club we have all learned to love and follow to the end. It is like trying to disown a wayward son or daughter, regardless of what has caused the rift they are still your children and nothing can change that. In this case the child is our club, being abused by debauched outsiders and, using Nailsworth’s recent reference to the Rotherham abomination, no-one in authority appears ready or willing to help our child. The wait and see approach seems doomed to failure and, as I’ve suggested in previous posts, I fear the only way to regain some semblance of control or input into the running of our club is to fight from within.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

“I fear the only way to regain some semblance of control or input into the running of our club is to fight from within.”

That presupposes that those committing the abuse of our club let you in. Do you really think they would? What would they have to gain? Nothing we have witnessed to date suggests that they would respond positively to any approach or suggestions from anybody with a different opinion than themselves.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I think the new regime have grossly underestimated Hereford people and Hereford United fans. They believed we’d continue to put money in to the club regardless but thankfully the football community at large have rallied round and frozen them out.

Running Hereford United on a daily basis will continue to cost them more and more money which subsequently eats away at their potential profits on development. The boycott must continue until they give up or something significant happens.

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

I see nothing wrong with being pleased with our exit from the F A Cup. There is nothing remotely familiar about this version of ‘1939’ other than it’s name and kit. A cup run would finance the owners ability to fight the boycott and thus extend their period of ownership. Talking with these people would also be pointless. They have been shown to have no concept of values such as honesty and trust.

At this time, the boycott remains our best option. Starve these people out.

Watching all the world go by.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

I see nothing wrong with being pleased with our exit from the F A Cup. There is nothing remotely familiar about this version of ’1939′ other than it’s name and kit. A cup run would finance the owners ability to fight the boycott and thus extend their period of ownership. Talking with these people would also be pointless. They have been shown to have no concept of values such as honesty and trust.

Everyone has their opinion, of course. Couple of points, however:
    1) Familiar or not, until it’s wound up, liquidated, or whatever, it’s still Hereford United (1939) and you can’t change that.
    2)£3000 would not have done much to further their cause or extend their tenancy.
    4) Talking to them could well prove pointless but one doesn’t know until it’s tried and sitting around doing nothing, in my opinion, is equally pointless.
    5)No doubt to continue the boycott or not will be a hot topic at the HUST AGM on Thursday. Remains to be seen if the majority agree with you.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

4) Talking to them could well prove pointless but one doesn’t know until it’s tried and sitting around doing nothing, in my opinion, is equally pointless.<br>

Am I right in thinking that the Trust were talking to Tommy and co until the boycott? It seemed clear that money owed was never going to be paid so the boycott was the way forwards as voted by a huge majority of members. Myself included.

The huge drop in income has resulted in a significant loss for the incumbent regime. They’re going to need to find serious money now Herefordshire Council have added themselves to the winding up petition. There’s still going to be unforeseen twists and turns but we’re moving forwards all the time as fans.

I’m also reading Bulls Banter and am very happy to see the Chester and Wrexham boys pitching in with help and advice. I strongly suggest someone buy them a pint if they should ever meet.

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Woody wrote:</div>
    I see nothing wrong with being pleased with our exit from the F A Cup. There is nothing remotely familiar about this version of ’1939′ other than it’s name and kit. A cup run would finance the owners ability to fight the boycott and thus extend their period of ownership. Talking with these people would also be pointless. They have been shown to have no concept of values such as honesty and trust.<br>

Everyone has their opinion, of course. Couple of points, however:<br>
    1) Familiar or not, until it’s wound up, liquidated, or whatever, it’s still Hereford United (1939) and you can’t change that.<br>
    2)£3000 would not have done much to further their cause or extend their tenancy.<br>
    4) Talking to them could well prove pointless but one doesn’t know until it’s tried and sitting around doing nothing, in my opinion, is equally pointless.<br>
    5)No doubt to continue the boycott or not will be a hot topic at the HUST AGM on Thursday. Remains to be seen if the majority agree with you.

1. It’s just the company name, nothing more. The spirit of the club will still live on.
    2. ‘Cup Run’ implies more than one victory.
    3. I think we are in agreement here!
    4. How could we trust what they said?
    5. I see no evidence that the Boycott will be overturned. My personal boycott will continue regardless.

Watching all the world go by.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

3) 😳

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Halifax and Chester fans amongst others have said it feels no different. Personally I’ll feel an incredible sense of belonging once we have a community run club that we’ve all contributed to.

It’s a new limited company. Nothing else.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.