Club statement

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatClub statement

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by enforcerbull enforcerbull 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

We have chosen to avoid making statements in the past few weeks as we all directed our support to the players and the caretaker management team of Peter Beadle and Steve Jenkins. (By continuing to withhold their wages?)

What a magnificent result they achieved on Saturday. A feat that ranks, for differing reasons, alongside the Brentford result, the victory at the Walkers Stadium and the Newcastle/West Ham results. (Magnificent escape but Like saying Dunkirk was a great victory)

I won’t go on but to say I am not in the least surprised at the content of the remainder of the statement and in particular the dig at HUST and the fact that the board and chairman in particular prefer to sell to a developer whilst in the meantime presumably expecting the supporters to continue to bail them out and to volunteer to undertake various roles at the club. Anyone fancy dressing up as a Bull?

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

A really depressing but somehow predictable statement. The Board always have the knack of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. Saturday was the chance to galvanise support and move forward together to rebuild the club. What we get is division and arrogance rammed down our throats. A return to the sad reality of our existence as supporters.

The main point is they are looking at what’s best for the board while getting the fans to dig deep in the pockets to bail them out in the meantime. Shameful.

Watching all the world go by.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Got to say that this statement illustrates everything that’s wrong with this board.
    “The detail under discussion offers the potential of a significantly better outcome for the current board than the Trust’s offer”…………….Well, surprise, surprise, stuff the future of HUFC, let’s just make sure we get as much out of this Club before we dump it! Don’t these selfish so & sos get it? We’re in this predicament BECAUSE of their actions, and we suddenly have a groundswell of renewed support & enthusiasm, which has lifted every Bulls supporter and regained a few as well, and they want to deny us the opportunity of capitalising upon it.
    And as for the snide little comments re the Trust:-
    1. OF COURSE the Trust has changed it’s stance since last summer, it’s new position has been forced upon them by the board. The board sat on their hands, refused to pay wages, creditors, local trades people, and managed to alienate large parts of the local community as a result, and then have the gall to complain that people don’t want to put any more money into their pockets! Grow up[ and get real! We’re lucky none of our other creditors didn’t seek winding up orders before HMRC.
    2. I, like many others, have already pledged towards a possible bid for the club, but I will NOT, repeat NOT, be involved in anything that keeps this lot in office.
    All of my elation & optimism, following Saturday’s miracle, has been dampened, once more, by the donkeyte in charge.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Did I start a thread about this already? The forum is so busy that perhaps the OP didn’t see it!

This spiel has David Keyte written all over it. He’s got no tact and Dave Preedy should be the one giving interviews and making announcements because he’s far more personable. At the end of the day, there’s nothing we can do to stop them selling to the highest bidder or refusing any offer the Trust makes – but continued pressure to hand the club back to the fans isn’t going to do any harm.

We may be buzzing from Saturday’s great escape but things are still bleak. Any new owner / directors NEED the fans on their side to continue as a football club and there’s little good will left whilst the situation remains as it is. I implore David Keyte to walk away as soon as he can.

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

“Did I start a thread about this already? The forum is so busy that perhaps the OP didn’t see it!”

Writing my post as you were posting yours (look at the posting times)…..almost a repeat of Saturday’s goals.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by llubyllub llubyllub.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Not basis for this, but is one of the investors Bob Pritchard?

organic
    Participant
    • Posts 122

Pat – interesting thought.

I know you said no basis but…..

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

It would make sense.

Have had the conversation with a couple of people about it but not heard anyone say he’s definitely one of the potential investors.

Not sure how it’d sit with me to be honest. Better than we currently have I suppose!!

enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

Don’t know much about takeovers or even business but I do know that things will need to be sorted ‘sharpish’ to be able to start planning for next season, without a settled atmosphere we will just end up the same as the last season….maybe worse!!!

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Leadership required. Something we have lacked for a while.

enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

Exactly Pat
    In every good business there lies a good leader
    It now looks like at long last we’ve got one for the squad, we just need to have one in the board room.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.