Club statement on takeover / investment

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatClub statement on takeover / investment

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

A very disappointing read and, in my opinion, a very badly timed one after Saturday’s celebrations. Unless investors in the form of property developers genuinely have the future of Hereford United in their heart (why would they when they have no connection to the club / county?) – then the Trust have to be our best bet. There were many anti-Keyte chants at Aldershot so he must surely understand he’s lost the fans?

On Bulls Banter, some fans are already saying they won’t buy a season ticket for 14/15 if there isn’t the change we want. That’s not good news for cash flow…

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 468

The Trust may not be perfect but they are our real option for the long term as a property developer is going to seek to cut and run once hes made his money.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Nobody is perfect. I can easily criticise the era of Hill, Turner or Keyte plus the numerous managers who have come and gone. What the Trust will allow is democracy.

bigglesbull
    bigglesbull
    Participant
    • Posts 99

Do you really think the trust can sustain and fund the club in the long term? And what sort of players would we be able to attract and afford? Which bank would entertain dealing with a supporters trust, and when inevitably we do get into any sort of debt who will underwrite it and who will walk away. There is a lot of euphoria and good feeling about the trust among the fans, but how many are carried by the tide and do not realise the implications if it all goes t*ts up? A democracy is a fine aspiration but it still needs leadership to make the hard calls which are not always the popular choice.

onwards, upwards, possibly sidewards, update definitely/onwards and upwards.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Do you really think the trust can sustain and fund the club in the long term? And what sort of players would we be able to attract and afford? Which bank would entertain dealing with a supporters trust, and when inevitably we do get into any sort of debt who will underwrite it and who will walk away. There is a lot of euphoria and good feeling about the trust among the fans, but how many are carried by the tide and do not realise the implications if it all goes t*ts up? A democracy is a fine aspiration but it still needs leadership to make the hard calls which are not always the popular choice.

My thoughts, exactly, biggles. I can understand the Trust’s passionate desire to keep the club afloat but am not convinced it could successfully do so long term without substantial financial investment. Pledges are one thing but are they guarantees of continued monetary support if the going gets tough? Illness, job loss or any other setback could curtail a supporters regular input and present us with a similar situation as we have now. I have great admiration for the work ethic of the Trust’s representatives but feel that they could possibly bite off more than they can chew.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

Biggles & Gulliver – I can understand your concerns, but 2 thoughts to bear in mind:
    1. By their own admission, and inclination, HUST are in place as a back stop, and will only go forward if the other 2 (alleged) parties fail or drop out.
    2. If proper budgets are put in place, and we cut our cloth according to our means, we should not NEED further regular tranches of money from the members, We just need to ensure that the nonsense of budgeting for life threatening losses is brought to an end.

organic
    Participant
    • Posts 122

If HUST were able to take over, there would be no need to rush into deals about the leases and what can be built etc.

As long as the current debts to HMRC and the Conference are settled (which HUST has pledged to do), then at least HUST will have bought enough time to get next season underway. Selling season tickets etc can will be used to finance next season and help start to pay off longterm creditors.

Then deals with developers can be agreed from a position of relative strength not weakness as is the case at present.

From what I gather, I only trust HUST.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

There’s nothing to say that the Trust can’t work alongside a new owner who has interests in the land around Edgar Street. Football clubs don’t make money so I’m still cynical a new owner will be 100% committed to Hereford United. Let’s face it, Peter Hill and David Keyte are both Hereford men whilst Graham Turner led the club through troubled times as a football person.

I really want Dave Preedy to stick around. He’s a breath of fresh air.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.