BBC Midlands News Coverage

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatBBC Midlands News Coverage

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 298

This evenings news report on BBC Midlands news was, I thought, good coverage of the current situation which will awaken awareness in the wider community. Jon, are you able to identify your fellow businessmen who attended the meeting?

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164
    llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 298

Thanks Pat. So much going on at the moment I missed that.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

An excellent feature. It’s great to have Dan Pallet involved and Nick Owen is a football man too. Only a fool would struggle to see which group has the interests of Hereford United at heart here.

I’m becoming more positive by the day despite the present situation. Our fans really are United.

sittingbull
    sittingbull
    Participant
    • Posts 83

I like the positivity on this site. B.B. is getting very repetitive and boring at the moment.

The futures bright, the future is white.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I think we’d all be far more positive if the club were playing Conference football next season with a strong owner, Pete Beadle in the dugout and a side containing heroes from our first team and youth team! However, the opportunity to have more influence and involvement with whatever form Hereford United are in next season is very exciting. We’re helping get something started.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

I said to Jon that I’m not a big fan of starting a new club ‘but’ if it means getting rid of the current ‘con men’ then I’m all for it!!!
    We will need though to keep as much of the old club has possible to make people feel that it’s the same club.
    Would love to see Pete Beadle in charge of us again but that won’t happen for a few seasons, just to see what he could do in a whole season would be interesting to say the least.
    loved the ‘Ambush’ of Agombar he and his ‘Advisers’ were really put on the spot and the lies seemed to just flow out from him (in fact we probably got more out of him than if the purpose fans forum)
    Bring on the good times

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  bullyforyou.
    London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

The new club is a necessity because Hereford United in its present form is unsalvageable. Fans of everyone from Wimbledon to Newport have made it work so there’s no reason why we can’t. I’ve also got a mate up in Bradford who goes to St. Pauli over in Germany. They’re a real punk football club and it sounds such good fun.

I think once New Hereford United have some history behind them then things will feel pretty much the same.

bullyforyou
    Participant
    • Posts 77

It will mean starting further down the pyramid though,
    Will the fans turn up? Only asking because of how ‘fickle’ our fans are

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 298

It will mean starting further down the pyramid though,<br>
    Will the fans turn up? Only asking because of how ‘fickle’ our fans are

Towards the end of last season I had decided that if the club was relegated then I would not buy a season ticket and would only attend a few matches if the team was doing well. The drop out of the Conference Premier was one relegation too far (not to mention the possible continued presence of DK). The effort and time to get to ES for that standard of football was, for me, not worth it. However the prospect of a new United run by its supporters fills me with optimism and I would gladly travel to Hereford to support such a team no matter what level it starts at. I think many people would feel the same way but the support might drop away if the team languished in the lower reaches for too long. After the initial excitement of the rebirth of Hereford United those running the club will have to aim high and deliver success to maintain interest.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

If we get numbers through the turnstiles and the budgets are properly set then there’s no reason why we can’t make offers to good players at that level. Hereford will be the a big fish in a small point. Almost a Man City / Chelsea of the Non League.

There’s going to be SO much work to do behind the scenes but I’m excited for an all encompassing feeling. A togetherness. Something I’ve never truly felt with Hereford United from early indifferent service from the club through to schisms between the fanbase.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.