Aldershot, going?

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatAldershot, going?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Gulliver Gulliver 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

I’m not sure my nerves can stand it. I was terrible before the game yesterday.
    Alan Alger suggesting on Twitter that our game is surely odds on for live TV Coverage.

If that’s the case I may make the trip to Edgar Street and watch it there.

But then I want to go to support the lads. Hmmm….

organic
    Participant
    • Posts 122

We have to go to support the players especially after yesterday

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’m going. Anyone recommend a pre-match pub? From memory, I passed somewhere on my way in a few seasons back but can’t remember what it’s called.

The tea time kick off is very annoying… Brighton and Torquay were bad enough at 3pm.

enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

Wasn’t going to go as ‘i know’ it will be to much to take, but after being bullied by my son (the other one) I’m now going down by car with a friend.
    After seeing the bulls be relegated twice in 3 years with maybe (hopefully not) another one on the way!! It may also be the last game ever for this great little club.
    To tell you the truth I was looking forward to sitting down in front of the tv to watch Chester (loose hopefully) with the headphones on listening to Hereford play at Aldershot, now though I’m going to be there watching ‘dreading’ every second
    I’m going to hate it, I really am but we’ve got to be there haven’t we?? :-/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by enforcerbull enforcerbull.

Giant Anteater
    Participant
    • Posts 329

I’m not going to be there. I did think this a while ago, and finally decided talking to a friend after the Woking game. I hate to say that I think it will end in tears of sadness, as I do not have a huge amount of faith in Salisbury. It all feels terribly like Torquay all over again. I just think it will be too much to suffer yet again. I shall probably take the radio into the garden and attack some weeds.
    There is also a large part of me that thinks the off field problems are actually far greater than the threat of relegation. It needs a double miracle for us to be watching Conference Premier football on zero points next August.

I'm a football anteater

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’m going with the Bulls News recommendation of La Fontaine before the match (sounds more like a French restaurant.) Everyone in one place will be good for morale. It’s a direct train from Waterloo for me. The teatime kick off is so annoying. 3pm with it all over by 5pm would’ve been easier…

I’ve not bothered ordering a ticket in advance. They’re saying 450 sold and that enclosure at Aldershot is huge. Last time I went we had portable toilets and a mobile burger van as facilities.

This is really going to drag…

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

The thought if going tomorrow gives me the same feeling as I get before going to the dentist suffering with toothache…fear coupled with the thought that if I put myself through more pain the suffering may end. Chester on the tv listening to the Bulls on the radio for me….that will be bad enough.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

It’s a shame more of you aren’t coming as we could’ve had a forum meet up! I’d have even bought a round of drinks as I get generous in the right company. Nevertheless, some very old faces in my world are stepping out for this one so it’s going to be great to see them. One of whom was shoulder to shoulder with me against Brighton in 1997. We couldn’t get a drink in town afterwards so we sat round the back of the swimming baths with cans. A chance encounter with Danny Lee will also stick in my mind forever.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

Sing loud for the boys!

All the best to those going today!

COYW

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Pat Sharp Pat Sharp.
    Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

I was going but stupidly changed my mind. I can’t recall feeling this wound up about a match since Leicester. We are so due a bit of good fortune let’s just hope it is today.

I also promise to get to the first Saturday away game anywhere in the Country. Where and in which league, it really doesn’t matter. I just need this club to survive.

Watching all the world go by.

enforcerbull
    enforcerbull
    Participant
    • Posts 160

God this ground is worse than I remember

…and they’ve had up~grades????

How’s that possible?

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

After all we’ve been through this season, this was just too much to hope for. And we owe huge thanks to the much maligned Sam Smith, and the consistently courageous Michael Rankine, and the rest of these young guys, for grabbing the chances when they came. Thank you, thank you, thank you, to Peter Beadle, who lifted these guys up, and made them realise how much better they actually were, than our league position indicated.
    At my age, I’m not sure I can stand much more of this!
    Hopefully, it will encourage a larger number of pledges towards the HUST target. Let’s take the 10 point deduction, and start again from there. Aldershot survived it (just!), no reason than we shouldn’t do the same, but let’s get sensible about what we can afford in future, now that this bunch of players, and PB, have given us a future worth looking forward to…………….

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

A very emotional Woody tonight!

Watching all the world go by.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

I reckon there’s been alot of tears today, but, thankfully, either of joy or just plain relief! What a Club it is that we support………………

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

Still recovering nearly 4 hours later. This has got to be a turning point surely. An interesting few weeks ahead.

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.