28 day adjournement

HomeForumsHereford FC Chat28 day adjournement

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by London Bull London Bull 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

http://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/thebulls/conference_premier/read_article/11250526.Hereford_United_winding_up_petition_adjourned_for_28_days/

But presumably we still have to settle with Foyle this week otherwise Conference will deem we haven’t paid our football debt?

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

It’s a complete and utter shambles. How many times have I posted that over the last few months? Administration and CVA discussed in the same week as the Conference AGM. We’re a laughing stock.

Watching all the world go by.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Sorry, Woody, but why does everyone think we’re a laughing stock? I’m quite sure that most people knowing of our predicament would, in fact, sympathise and recognise that the problems we face are of the boards making and not the club as such or its fans. I would suggest very much a case of “there but for the grace of God go I”. Several clubs are dangerously close to being in a similar position and Macclesfield supporters would be far from laughing at us but more anxiously concerned about their own situation.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

There may be clubs under financial pressure but where do you find such a farce. We have apparently new owners but they won’t tell us who they are and they are already talking about Administration or a CVA in the very week when the Conference AGM is being held.

Sympathise/ Laughing stock? Does it really matter? With all due respect, but isn’t that a bit petty? Why don’t you focus your concerns on what really matters, the fate of our club?

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

There’s no respect in that reply, Woody and I don’t regard my comment as being petty. I don’t know the circumstances facing other clubs other than what I read but their supporters must be experiencing similar frustrations as us, but choosing not to insult fellow forum members. I resent your implication that I’m not concerned about the clubs welfare but will opt to treat it with the contempt it deserves.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

Ouch, did I strike a nerve? A bit of an over reaction there Gulliver. I am sure you are concerned about the fate of our club, hence why I find is strange you found it necessary to challenge my original post. Plenty of other material available even if you don’t share my views.

I will continue to offer ‘due respect’ but you may want to offer me the same courtesy.

Now back to the football.

johngalley
    Participant
    • Posts 471

Sorry, Woody, but why does everyone think we’re a laughing stock? I’m quite sure that most people knowing of our predicament would, in fact, sympathise and recognise that the problems we face are of the boards making and not the club as such or its fans. I would suggest very much a case of “there but for the grace of God go I”. Several clubs are dangerously close to being in a similar position and Macclesfield supporters would be far from laughing at us but more anxiously concerned about their own situation.

I’d hazard a guess and say we are a laughing stock amongst other conference fans as we stagger from crisis to crisis under a Chairman who described himself as a “Hard nosed businessman”. At a minimum its ironic don’t you think?

I’m laughing in a gallows humour kind of way. I hear the beer is cheap at Stourbridge. Will we have the best social club in the Southern League etc.

The only thing I’m not laughing about is what Keyte has done to our famous little club.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’m laughing in a gallows humour kind of way. I hear the beer is cheap at Stourbridge. Will we have the best social club in the Southern League etc.

A poet once took his own life in a grotty Hotel with the suicide note reading “Either this wallpapers goes or I do.”

sittingbull
    sittingbull
    Participant
    • Posts 85

The only reason we could be a laughing stock is, we paid DeCays debts, we all new something was going to happen, but yet again raised money to pay of the tax owed etc… others as well as us saw this coming, but unlike them we looked to the sky for hope, and got sh*t upon from high. Thats why ,if anything or anyone may be laughing at us.

Its time for a pow wow, war party to form, action to be taken. Come on my braves lets get H.U.S.T. buzzing and get a new club formed out of the ashes of the war dance fire.

The futures bright, the future is white.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

It depends how much is owed. It’s all hearsay but the Trust didn’t get to carry out due diligence on the books and the debt uncovered since may be bigger than what has been suggested.

My preference is to try everything to save the existing club because a phoenix one won’t feel as right. However, I’d be fully behind it if there was a strong supporter ethos there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.