Only 24 hours from….

HomeForumsHereford FC ChatOnly 24 hours from….

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by llubyllub llubyllub 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

An announcement about the club’s future? With tweets about trial games in London, rumours about the new manager and backers, pre-season games being arranged (by who?) and John Barnes’ (of the famous Tranmere Rivers double act dumb and dumber) name being bandied about on the other forum, the situation is becoming more surreal and farcical by the hour. DeCay, the greedy three-legged toad, has really surpassed himself this time. I’m beginning to think her indoors slipped something hallucinogenic in my morning tea. Please someone tell me this isn’t really happening!

Who said Wales was a backward nation?

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I’m interested in the publicity John Barnes could bring with him. I presume he’ll be accompanying Terry Harris as Coach / Assistant Manager? Having said that, he bombed at Celtic and Tranmere…

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

It simply doesn’t make sense. Why would John Barnes fall to this level? Why would Terry Harris leave Luton at this point? How could this all be afforded? Who would keep Keyte in such a structure?

It’s all nuts!

Watching all the world go by.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I know little about Terry Harris but if Hereford is his first chance to be a manager in his own right then it’s an opportunity he’ll seize. John Barnes is more leftfield but if the new investors have the right connections then he could’ve been persuaded to come in. Like others, I’m keeping an open mind until an announcement is made.

Gulliver
    Gulliver
    Participant
    • Posts 297

Personally I won’t believe any of it until I see it announced officially. Too many getting wound up over unsubstantiated rumours and, whilst I can understand the frustration, like LB says, lets wait and see.
    Actually, thinking about it, I suppose it’s posible some payments may have been made already especially since the Foyle winding up order is due a week today, leaving the board a mere four days to settle the debt if not done before. It seems hard to believe that any potential investor would leave such a serious matter to the last minute.
    I know the silence is deafening but, considering the attacks on Keyte for previous premature announcements, it’s funny really that he is now under fire for saying nothing, presumably until everything is signed and sealed. A clear case of ‘damned if you do and damned if you don’t’. Maybe this week will bring us the salvation we have all been waiting for, one can only hope and pray.

There's a solution to every problem...the problem is in finding the solution.

Pat Sharp
    Pat Sharp
    Participant
    • Posts 164

The Barnes rumour is purely because this Don Ubah chap , who is advertising the trial game, is pictured with Barnes on twitter. It’s clear he has bumped into him at an event and got a pic.

Somebody has used that link to start a funny rumour and people have taken it for real.

But regarding everything else. It doesn’t really feel like our club any more. Well, it’s not. Keyte has sold it.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

Is anyone able to find out what time the trial match(es) will happen at Bedfont FC on Saturday? It’s going be a trek from the East End but I’m fairly certain to go and see what I can see. The chap advertising it has made his Twitter private all of a sudden…

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

If, for no other reason than all this secrecy, I’m losing the faith day by day.

Woody
    Woody
    Participant
    • Posts 105

I feel the same, Nailsworth. I also agree with Pat’s comments -it doesn’t feel like our club any more.

Watching all the world go by.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I started work at 9 and had a couple of cheeky peeks at Bulls News before lunch. I also went through Twitter as I queued at Morrison’s (a good tip if you hate queuing) but, lo and behold, absolutely nothing… Will be not even be told when an announcement is coming?

BDS
    BDS
    Keymaster
    • Posts 210

Trevor Owens said on the 1pm BBCHW news that he has spoken to Keyte today. Keyte said ‘no manager appointed yet, no trials in London and a statement is due later’

Make of that what you will.

London Bull
    London Bull
    Participant
    • Posts 662

I see matey boys Twitter account has been made private. Fortunately, I followed him before he did this so hopefully I can keep an eye on what he is saying.

If London on Saturday is off then I can go out on Friday night for England v Peru instead of heading across the capital first thing! Every cloud…

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

Well it’s more than 24 hours after my original post and still no news except that the chairman says no manager has been appointed and there is no trials match in London. I am beginning to wonder if the fans and board have been the victims of an elaborate hoax by a disgruntled creditor.

nailswortholdbull
    Participant
    • Posts 247

LB – Any chance of you contacting Bedfont FC, to see if there is a trial booked, for anybody, on Saturday?

llubyllub
    llubyllub
    Participant
    • Posts 301

The only trials listed for Saturday morning on their website is for their under 15 team.
    http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/bedfontsportsfc/news/trials–bedfont-eagles-1227216.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.